Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #21

Bclemens-

My DW just responded loudly when you mentioned the vac. So now I guess I need to find out what and where you are mounting this in a 2300. Looks like mod #37 coming up....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #22
Commercial Member

For now we have been mounting it high in the rear storage compartment plugged in. If it were MY rig, I would relocate it inside about 36" high so that you can leave the long extension on. In the storage compartment you can't leave the extension on, but that was the only place that we could be consistent with the install and not have anyone yell at us for "putting it in the middle of the living room, bathroom, or taking up closet space, etc, etc.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #23

Wow you folks are fantastic!! We just got back home and had visited the local Camping World and looked at the Axis by Thor. Need to tell you the fit and finish on the Forest River Sunseeker 2300 that we were in is hands down superior to anything else we have been in!! We are stuck on the 2500TS and the 2650S models and it will be just the 2 of us enjoying the RV. The tough part is not having either model anywhere close to us to view makes it tough! My wife pointed out that the area beside the bed in the 2500TS might be large enough for the dog crate. We have a small boxer that is so used to her crate do not want to change that. We know we will have to order the unit do we wait until the 2016 units come out? When do the new units become available? Anybody know of any changes? Again thank you for all of you input and please keep responding!! Thanks Bud
Budro35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #24

Sunseeker options

The Sunseeker is a good choice one of the things we like is it has a fiberglass roof and underbelly, rear axle air suspension, and many items others charge extra for. Many makers use a rubber type roof membrane which can tear with a tree branch hitting it. Here is a list of options on ours. We ordered it on the internet at rvdirect.com the 2016 models should be out in June or July.

Preferred Package (has a good sound surround system)
Leather seats
Wood Refrigerator Panels
Arctic Package (works and 12 volt) good for cold camping
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling Jacks (much cheaper than dealer installed)
Upgraded Serta Mattress
TV in Bedroom
Fiberglass Front Cap
15k BTU A/C w/Heat Pump (heat pump works great)
Extra Coach Battery
Fantastic Fan

Ours is the larger 3010, we thought of going smaller thinking it would get better mileage but wind resistance reduces mileage more than weight.

Good luck
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #25

mattress

Very comfortable, I have it on my 2251sle. If you don't intend to use the front bunk take a look at the entertainment center with the 42" tv, and the molded front cap.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #26
2014 Sunseeker 2650S

We have a 2014 2650S and the upgraded Serta mattress is good, but definitely not equal to the Tempur-Pedic in our house. But good enough not to be replaced in the MH.

A couple of other options to consider:
1. Winterizing take-up hose
2. Fantastic fan in both living room and bedroom
3. TV in bedroom

Also, if just the two of you, consider the bigger 42" TV with the storage cabinets on both sides - lots of extra storage. From what I remember, the 2650S had very large external storage too.

As for the auto-level jacks, I didn't want the additional weight nor the decrease in ground clearance.

If you tow, the Ford V10 is the way to go. Driving home from the dealer after purchase, about 200 miles, totally empty and light, we got nearly 10 MPG. We varied the speed from 50-60 MPH for break-in.

We tow a race car on aluminum trailer - just under 5,000lbs total. The first few trips we were averaging 8.5 MPG. Then for the last 3 trips, we had a ScanGuage E and I learned a lot about fuel consumption. The last trip last year from Rome to Pocono Raceway and back, we averaged 10.1 MPG on the way back (but not on the way down - so elevation may be a factor). We are getting over 9MPG consistently towing 5,000lb using the ScanGuage and keeping the speed at 55MPH.

As for MPG - it’s a long story and I'll keep this post short - but you can get 13 MPG at 55 MPH on the flat. However, let the cruise control try to keep speed up a hill and you'll see 3 MPG trying to hold speed. The cruise control is your best friend on the flat, and your biggest enemy going uphill (or downhill!).
Joseph Carozzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #27

Good morning to all! These comments have helped us so much in making a better decision. If we get lucky and find a unit is the extended warranty worth the extra cost? I have never purchased it on my cars. I am not sure we want to wait on the 2016 units thinking it may not gain us that much. We looked at a couple units on line last night and it was stated 15K BTU AC IPO 13.5K BTU AC so I have to call to make sure this is a heat pump unit. So glad we found this forum and can share experience with others. Makes you feel better when a FR rep is on board too!!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #28
2014 Sunseeker 2650S

We got the 2014 Sunseeker the second week they were producing them (July 2013), but the E450 was still a 2013. We were told the E450s would not be 2014s for a few more months. But I don't think Ford is making much changes to the E450s anymore.
Joseph Carozzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #29

Any comments about Camping World to purchase, warranty work and service work?? Is extended warranty worth it?
Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #30
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Carozzoni View Post
We have a 2014 2650S and the upgraded Serta mattress is good, but definitely not equal to the Tempur-Pedic in our house. But good enough not to be replaced in the MH.

A couple of other options to consider:
1. Winterizing take-up hose
2. Fantastic fan in both living room and bedroom
3. TV in bedroom

Also, if just the two of you, consider the bigger 42" TV with the storage cabinets on both sides - lots of extra storage. From what I remember, the 2650S had very large external storage too.

As for the auto-level jacks, I didn't want the additional weight nor the decrease in ground clearance.

If you tow, the Ford V10 is the way to go. Driving home from the dealer after purchase, about 200 miles, totally empty and light, we got nearly 10 MPG. We varied the speed from 50-60 MPH for break-in.

We tow a race car on aluminum trailer - just under 5,000lbs total. The first few trips we were averaging 8.5 MPG. Then for the last 3 trips, we had a ScanGuage E and I learned a lot about fuel consumption. The last trip last year from Rome to Pocono Raceway and back, we averaged 10.1 MPG on the way back (but not on the way down - so elevation may be a factor). We are getting over 9MPG consistently towing 5,000lb using the ScanGuage and keeping the speed at 55MPH.

As for MPG - it’s a long story and I'll keep this post short - but you can get 13 MPG at 55 MPH on the flat. However, let the cruise control try to keep speed up a hill and you'll see 3 MPG trying to hold speed. The cruise control is your best friend on the flat, and your biggest enemy going uphill (or downhill!).
I'm a big fan of ScanGauge in my pickup and it has really adjusted my driving for fuel economy. I'm waiting on a 2650s and will definitely add a ScanGauge to its dash.
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #31

N-E-D how is your 2650S equipped? How long did it take to produce? Did you order through a dealer? Extended warranty? Thanks Bud
Old 02-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #32

Budro - we picked up our Forester 2651 last November after ordering from our local Camping World. It took us approximately 8 weeks from order to delivery. We have all the options you listed except the 15k heat pump. We also only went with the passenger seat having the swivel. We only have one trip under our belts but we really enjoyed having the motor home v. The fifth wheel or TT we used to have. Good live with you decision.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #33
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budro35 View Post
N-E-D how is your 2650S equipped? How long did it take to produce? Did you order through a dealer? Extended warranty? Thanks Bud
Ordered all the options available for 2650s except the swivel driver and passenger seats saw a video of someone seating in one and doubted I'd be able to stand with it turned. Its still in production-ordered December 9. We went to RVONE Albany about 2hrs from home and checked out the Soleras and Jaycos. They had no 2650s but we had seen a Forrester 2651s and the full no slide Queen bed in a 28' motorhome was what we wanted. Outside storage was outstanding.Yes we did the extended 7 year warranty. Now waiting for the call to pick it up. Had been told sometime in February.
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #34

Take all the options. I have everything including the entertainment system wit surround sound. Cannot do without. We have the Serta upgraded mattress and I would not add anything to it. I am one year after back surgery and it is perfect. If you have an option get the Jacks, no questions at all. Press a button and stay off your knees leveling. Wish the seats in the Chevy turned. The barrel chair is worthless. Easily replaced with a euro recliner. We are at a major campground in Florida over 500 slots and no one would buy our barrel chair for $25 so for free it ended up in the maintenance shop of the RV park. The more you get in whichever one you choose the happier you will be in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #35

Thanks to all!! The information is just priceless. Please keep the comments coming!! We may have found a unit (2650S) and is equipped as first listed except no heat pump or swivel seats. Have not seen it yet but excited for the grand tour, 10 days out! We may have to wait and just order one but need to go through this one to make sure!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #36

Good luck to you.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:08 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Carozzoni View Post
You had our original "Serta Blackhawk". The latest Serta upgrade is the "Hanford" which has the same 6" foam core but adds 1/2" comfort foam on top of 3" Kool Comfort Memory Foam.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #38

Mr. Clemens - when should we order our Sunseeker to get the 2016 model year? Will the color changes be available by then? Will the changes be available on both the Chevy and Ford chassis? Any MAJOR changes in the 2016 units we should know about?
Old 02-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #39
Commercial Member

1. You can order whenever you want and just specify that you want 2016 model year.
2. We won't change any colors until the mid model year refresh in September.
3. Chassis will not affect any changes to our portion.
4. No major changes expected form Ford or Chevy (that I know of).
5. No Major changes expected on our end either, however I am always tweaking little things (adding LED lights to the sewer area, changing trim or components). If I can make the product more durable or useful I don't ever wait for model change.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #40

Thank you very much Mr. Clemens! You of course are one of the reasons we have chosen the FR Sunseeker! Not the only reason (paid for by your wife) but one of them! :-)

Tags
class c, modifications