Old 02-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #1

Stuck on Class C models

Hi all - after my wife and I attended the huge RV show in St Louis, MO last week we are really leaning towards the Sunseeker line. We are stuck on these 3 units. 2250SLE - 2500TS - 2650S. We really like the 2500TS but understand we cannot get the upgraded mattress due to the bedroom slide. Is the regular mattress suitable? Looking at the following options and need opinions please. 32" front tv*15K btu ac-heat pump*ultra lthr driver/pass seat*swivel seats*fantastic fan*wood fridg panel*fibergls front cap*rear tv & dvd*safe & sound pkg*artic pkg*bigfoot hyd level jacks (are these necessary)?? and wanted the serta upgrade mattress. What am I missing and do I have it equipped properly for the first time around?? I sure hope Brian (bclemems) pops in here also. Thanks to all for your comments. Bud

Old 02-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #2

I have a forester, from 2011, so ill only offer an opinion on 3 things. The fantastic fan we use all the time, the swivel seats we wish we had. The bigfoot levellers are not necessary. Many will tell you that. But we added them at the bigfoot factory and feel it was far and away the best thing we added to our coach. Now, if you go to campgrounds that are very level, or you tend to stay in one place for a long time, you can live without. If you bounce around like we do, I highly recommend them.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
Average Joe

We have the 2450 and it fits us nicely. Out of all the options, the swivel seats are the least of our favorites. Might be our model, but they aren't used much. We had first looked at the 2500 model, but the mattress changed our minds. Mainly because the slide had to be out to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #4

MrJoe do you find it easy enough to get out of driver and passenger seat to get to the inside of the coach? We also thought if you had guests it may make it a little more roomy? Do you have trouble making the bed with it not being a walk around? That is what we were looking at.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #5

I would add that when just my wife and I we wouldnt care about swivel seats, but when my 2 adult kids join us it would make the living area a bit roomier. Getting out of the seats is not my favorite thing. But I dont think the class c swivel seats are like class a swivels, where you can often turn while sitting on them. On the c you have to get around the dog house.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #6

OK now that is the info I am looking for. The unit we were in did not have the swivel seats and we heard someone else reply that they would be a nice touch. Thank you very much!
Old 02-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #7

My wife has orthopedic issues and it literally is a climb to go in the back. We are considering moving into a thor ace class A for ease of getting around.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #8

Budro35 wrote "Is the regular mattress suitable? Looking at the following options and need opinions please. 32" front tv*15K btu ac-heat pump*ultra lthr driver/pass seat*swivel seats*fantastic fan*wood fridg panel*fibergls front cap*rear tv & dvd*safe & sound pkg*artic pkg*bigfoot hyd level jacks (are these necessary)?? and wanted the serta upgrade mattress. What am I missing and do I have it equipped properly for the first time around?? "

I can't comment on all the items as I don't have them all, but here is my take on what I do have on my Sunseeker 2860DS;

I don't have a 32 inch tv, but the bigger the better in my opinion.

Fantastic Fan; I use it a lot, either in Florida during my March/April jaunt there, or here in upstate NY during the summer, it's a must in my opinion. I do a lot of dry camping here in NY, it cools the RV nicely. On a real hot or muggy evening, I'll run the A/C using the generator just to cool everything down for a few moments, then on goes the fantastic fan and it's comfortable the reas of the night.

I also use the heat pump, both in Florida on the cool mornings/days one can encounter there in the Spring, and definitely in upstate NY almost anytime - lol.

Arctic package, although I use my Sunseeker up to early October here in NY, I've never had to use the arctic package, although I do have it. I ordered it thinking I was going to use the rv ice fishing, but I winterize the unit in October now.

Fiberglass Front cap, definitely, had a previous unit with a window, the front cap windows are notorious for leaking, no problem with the front cap.

Forgot what the "safe and sound" package was, but at the time decided it was a good thing to have... lol
Old 02-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #9
GM

The 2500 is now available with a memory foam upgrade. everyone is skeptical at first because of the design, but I can personally vouch for that mattress.

Its got a firm foam core with a memory foam top built in. The memory foam will have a brown microfiber ticking. The regular is just a blue run of the mill cover.

I've spent many nights on it and I have a Serta Temperpedic at home. Slept great.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #10

Thanks so much Brian! We are getting close now. Next concern are the Bigfoot jacks worth it on this size unit? Our plan is a mixture of road travel and camp sites combined and travel the country. It will be the Ford chassis. Any idea of gas mileage driving conservatively? You are such a huge plus on this forum!

Tags
class c, modifications