Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
I have the original wheel covers and they are in fine condition. The ones you got look great but I just want to get hub covers. Their web site is not playing well with my iPad so I will switch to computer later.
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:33 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 78
I was lucky enough to have some good weather and spare time today so I installed the center caps on my wheels. I had to touch up the paint where the simulators had scratches them. I cleaned the wheels, sanded with 600 grit and then painted with gloss white Rustoleum, using a good quality brush.

The paint leveled out nicely and matches pretty well. I really like the look of the center caps and how much easier it will be to access the valves. I'm also glad to get rid of the weight of the simulators.

The caps were purchased on eBay for $30.00 w/shipping. They are genuine GM parts and fit like a glove on my 2015 Express 4500 wheels.

* Chevy Dually Center Caps Set of 4 Hub 2500 3500 Truck | eBay
__________________

__________________
2016 Sunseeker 2300C
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 78
Forgot the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC7563.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	466.3 KB
ID:	104801   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC7567.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	104802   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC7569.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	104803   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC7572.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	104804  
__________________
2016 Sunseeker 2300C
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Cruiser View Post
I was lucky enough to have some good weather and spare time today so I installed the center caps on my wheels. I had to touch up the paint where the simulators had scratches them. I cleaned the wheels, sanded with 600 grit and then painted with gloss white Rustoleum, using a good quality brush.

The paint leveled out nicely and matches pretty well. I really like the look of the center caps and how much easier it will be to access the valves. I'm also glad to get rid of the weight of the simulators.

The caps were purchased on eBay for $30.00 w/shipping. They are genuine GM parts and fit like a glove on my 2015 Express 4500 wheels.

* Chevy Dually Center Caps Set of 4 Hub 2500 3500 Truck | eBay
How do they attach to the hub?

The ones I saw, I didn't check your link yet, mentioned the GM OEM were scratched but not bad if standing a few feet away.

Nice paint job.

As I mentioned earlier all they ones I saw claimed in small type that they were not for 4500 duel wheels.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #45
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
They look great. Good job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #46
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
How do they attach to the hub?

The ones I saw, I didn't check your link yet, mentioned the GM OEM were scratched but not bad if standing a few feet away.

Nice paint job.

As I mentioned earlier all they ones I saw claimed in small type that they were not for 4500 duel wheels.
The Chevy lug nuts have a threaded portion which accepts the captive nuts on the center caps. You have to thread the nuts on and tighten them down - a bit tedious, especially on the rear because they are recessed and hard to get started. Hopefully they won't have to be removed very often.

Check the link I gave, the seller states that the caps will fit 4500 wheels.
__________________
2016 Sunseeker 2300C
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Cruiser View Post
I was lucky enough to have some good weather and spare time today so I installed the center caps on my wheels. I had to touch up the paint where the simulators had scratches them. I cleaned the wheels, sanded with 600 grit and then painted with gloss white Rustoleum, using a good quality brush.

The paint leveled out nicely and matches pretty well. I really like the look of the center caps and how much easier it will be to access the valves. I'm also glad to get rid of the weight of the simulators.

The caps were purchased on eBay for $30.00 w/shipping. They are genuine GM parts and fit like a glove on my 2015 Express 4500 wheels.

* Chevy Dually Center Caps Set of 4 Hub 2500 3500 Truck | eBay
Just bought the same ones.
I also bought some ABS chrome trim rings.
My rig is buried right now so no pics.
I am going to install them and see if I like the white wheel look.
I will probably paint the wheels black to match my trailer.
Basically a silver/black/silver look - should match the graphics and black out trim on my rig.

__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #48
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Just bought the same ones.
I also bought some ABS chrome trim rings.
My rig is buried right now so no pics.
I am going to install them and see if I like the white wheel look.
I will probably paint the wheels black to match my trailer.
Basically a silver/black/silver look - should match the graphics and black out trim on my rig.

Sounds like black wheels would be a good look with the graphics and trim on your rig. Trim rings will look nice with black, but might have less visual impact on white. Guess you won't know until you try. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.
__________________
2016 Sunseeker 2300C
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
I will start a wheel thread when I get done.
Seems we hijacked Geeman's thread.
__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
geeman53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 2,148
Eric ,this a 2250/2251 thread . Great mods for all ! Myself , I'm old school - I like stainless steel ,deep dish look & shine. The route that you guys are taking, needs beauty rings !
__________________

__________________
2016 sunseeker 2250slec
1988 Jayco p.u.,Coleman Plantation p.u.,1989 Jayco class c, Coachman TT,1995 Little Eddie fthwheel,2007 Heartland Sundance 2500 lS fthwheel
geeman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sunseeker, modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.