Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 01:43 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Sunseeker 2250 tire pressure

I know that I should have weighed my rig but there is no place convenient to do so. I have my tire pressures set to what the door sticker says. 65 front and 80 rear. Seems fine to me.

I believe that I am no where near the maximum weight that this vehicle can handle.

I am curious as to what other 2250 owners set their pressure to, especially on the Chevy chassis.

Only Sunseeker 2250 owners should answer this post.
Just kidding, all replies are welcome. (That was an unnecessary joke)

Bobby
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
geeman53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 2,146
DB -We're running the stock pressure . I have to pull the rear liners to check- no fun , but worth the trouble.
__________________

__________________
2016 sunseeker 2250slec
1988 Jayco p.u.,Coleman Plantation p.u.,1989 Jayco class c, Coachman TT,1995 Little Eddie fthwheel,2007 Heartland Sundance 2500 lS fthwheel
geeman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
DB -We're running the stock pressure . I have to pull the rear liners to check- no fun , but worth the trouble.
Thanks.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
I am running 65-70 (no heavy added load) in rear.
70 in front.

Read up on the Generals with their recommended pressures based on weight.
These rigs are under-loaded by a lot based on max.
80 psi is for max (14k) and probably ride like Flintstone wheels.
You are probably around 11k loaded- unless you have a lot of tongue weight.
I was at 10200 with half tanks (fuel and water) and typical stuff. Not loaded for a trip.
__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:12 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
I am running 65-70 (no heavy added load) in rear.
70 in front.

Read up on the Generals with their recommended pressures based on weight.
These rigs are under-loaded by a lot based on max.
80 psi is for max (14k) and probably ride like Flintstone wheels.
You are probably around 11k loaded- unless you have a lot of tongue weight.
I was at 10200 with half tanks (fuel and water) and typical stuff. Not loaded for a trip.
I gotta get off my butt and get weighed. There are three CAT scales in NJ that are not a long trip.

I wonder if there is a time of day when they are the least busy. Or day of the week.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 187
The max weight rating on the 4500 is 14K lbs; our running weight is 10850lbs. We still have a touch over 3000 lbs capacity, but it would depend on each Gross Axle Weight, of which I don't have the numbers handy at the moment.

Generally, tire pressure is subjective, to a point. A minimum pressure is required depending on the weight the tire is carrying. For example, our unit weighed in at the following 2 weeks ago at the conclusion of our maiden voyage:

3950 Front
1950 LF
2000 RF
6850 Rear
3400 LR /2=1700
3300 RR /2=1650

Therefore, looking at the pressure tables at Michelin (which applies to all brands - this is a federal standard rather than a Michelin standard) for LT225/75R16 E: Michelin RV Tires | View Michelin RV Tires load and inflation tables for motorhomes and recreational vehicles. | Michelin RV Tires

Pressure Load position

51 1950 LF
52 2000 RF

42 3400 LR /2=1700
42 3300 RR /2=1650

Note these are the minimum pressures for those loads. I tend to run more pressure to firm up the tires for handling and ride, but not so full that they become harsh. We are still experimenting, but we ran 65Lbs in each tire the first trip. I felt the rears were fine, but the front seemed a little soft.

Help that hopes!
__________________
2016 2250LE/Chevy
Formerly: 2000 Four Winds 26Q/Ford, '96 Kit Sportsmaster 22' 5th wheel, '91 Sunlite truck camper, Wildernest flip-top canopy
brucemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc View Post
The max weight rating on the 4500 is 14K lbs; our running weight is 10850lbs. We still have a touch over 3000 lbs capacity, but it would depend on each Gross Axle Weight, of which I don't have the numbers handy at the moment.

Generally, tire pressure is subjective, to a point. A minimum pressure is required depending on the weight the tire is carrying. For example, our unit weighed in at the following 2 weeks ago at the conclusion of our maiden voyage:

3950 Front
1950 LF
2000 RF
6850 Rear
3400 LR /2=1700
3300 RR /2=1650

Therefore, looking at the pressure tables at Michelin (which applies to all brands - this is a federal standard rather than a Michelin standard) for LT225/75R16 E: Michelin RV Tires | View Michelin RV Tires load and inflation tables for motorhomes and recreational vehicles. | Michelin RV Tires

Pressure Load position

51 1950 LF
52 2000 RF

42 3400 LR /2=1700
42 3300 RR /2=1650

Note these are the minimum pressures for those loads. I tend to run more pressure to firm up the tires for handling and ride, but not so full that they become harsh. We are still experimenting, but we ran 65Lbs in each tire the first trip. I felt the rears were fine, but the front seemed a little soft.

Help that hopes!
Wow, brucemc, that is a huge help.

My pressure is much higher than those numbers and I was concerned because I dropped lower than the 65 front and 80 rear on the door jamb.

However, I have read in several places that the tire air pressure should be set the same for all tires on the same axle.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:42 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 187
I tend to run the same on each axle, and always have. That's a good rule-of-thumb; the numbers I listed were purely based on the loads. Therefore, as a minimum, use the highest number of the two for all tires on the same axle.

RV On!
__________________
2016 2250LE/Chevy
Formerly: 2000 Four Winds 26Q/Ford, '96 Kit Sportsmaster 22' 5th wheel, '91 Sunlite truck camper, Wildernest flip-top canopy
brucemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc View Post
The max weight rating on the 4500 is 14K lbs; our running weight is 10850lbs. We still have a touch over 3000 lbs capacity, but it would depend on each Gross Axle Weight, of which I don't have the numbers handy at the moment.

Generally, tire pressure is subjective, to a point. A minimum pressure is required depending on the weight the tire is carrying. For example, our unit weighed in at the following 2 weeks ago at the conclusion of our maiden voyage:

3950 Front
1950 LF
2000 RF
6850 Rear
3400 LR /2=1700
3300 RR /2=1650

Therefore, looking at the pressure tables at Michelin (which applies to all brands - this is a federal standard rather than a Michelin standard) for LT225/75R16 E: Michelin RV Tires | View Michelin RV Tires load and inflation tables for motorhomes and recreational vehicles. | Michelin RV Tires

Pressure Load position

51 1950 LF
52 2000 RF

42 3400 LR /2=1700
42 3300 RR /2=1650

Note these are the minimum pressures for those loads. I tend to run more pressure to firm up the tires for handling and ride, but not so full that they become harsh. We are still experimenting, but we ran 65Lbs in each tire the first trip. I felt the rears were fine, but the front seemed a little soft.

Help that hopes!
Thanks for the hub weights.
My scale only did a complete.
I guessed (educated) on the axle/hub weight per corner.
I was very close.

I am running 65 rears and 70 front for this weekend's trip.
600 miles round trip.
No hitch load- just toad.
__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 187
Door Jamb labels, for reference:











--Bruce.
__________________

__________________
2016 2250LE/Chevy
Formerly: 2000 Four Winds 26Q/Ford, '96 Kit Sportsmaster 22' 5th wheel, '91 Sunlite truck camper, Wildernest flip-top canopy
brucemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pressure, sunseeker, tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.