Old 10-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2250LE or 2300 without a toad?

This is just a random question, as I've never driven either of these vehicles. Can these be used on long trips without needing to haul a toad? (As in be able to park in most strip mall parking lots in a single, or at worst, 1.5 parking places), as well as parking parallel on side streets?

The reason I ask is that storage is a premium where I live, and being able to park one of these either in a garage or a nearby apartment parking lot (with permission) would be a big help.

Of course, the best thing would be a class "B", but for the price of a new "B", I can almost purchase two class "C"s.

The difference between the 2250LE and the 2300 is eight inches, so I'm wondering if this would make a big difference when trying to get through a busy town like Dallas or Houston.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22 View Post
This is just a random question, as I've never driven either of these vehicles. Can these be used on long trips without needing to haul a toad? (As in be able to park in most strip mall parking lots in a single, or at worst, 1.5 parking places), as well as parking parallel on side streets?

The reason I ask is that storage is a premium where I live, and being able to park one of these either in a garage or a nearby apartment parking lot (with permission) would be a big help.

Of course, the best thing would be a class "B", but for the price of a new "B", I can almost purchase two class "C"s.

The difference between the 2250LE and the 2300 is eight inches, so I'm wondering if this would make a big difference when trying to get through a busy town like Dallas or Houston.
mlts22-what happend to the van.if i were buying i would buy the 2300. has many more options available and can be had from rvdirect at a good price. i would look at rvbill3 posts. he has the 2300 with chevy 4500-but buy in with the levelers.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
We bought our RV with the intentions of NOT storing it and NOT having a toad.

We have a 3170DS sunseeker that stays in our driveway that I enjoy driving. My family of 5 can live comfortably in it for as long as needed

We absolutely love our Sunseeker 3170ds - Thats us the middle one

[IMG][/IMG]
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #4

We love our 2300 (2012 Chevy). We just passed 10,000 miles on it. It is easy to drive and park. I park in mall parking lots all the time (my wife never saw an outlet mall she didn't want to stop at). It takes a couple of spots but maneuvers easily.

We store it in a storage lot. Parking permanently in our drive not allowed in our subdivision. When prepping for trip it parks easily in front of our house. We have driven in large cities without problems. Twice on longer trips where we stayed at one location and used it as a base for sightseeing, we rented a car for day trips. Some day we may add a toad, but for now we are quite comfortable driving the 2300 where we want to go.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #5

We have a 2012 2300 and even with our Jeep Liberty toad it works ok in most parking lots.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
We love our 2300 (2012 Chevy). We just passed 10,000 miles on it. It is easy to drive and park. I park in mall parking lots all the time (my wife never saw an outlet mall she didn't want to stop at). It takes a couple of spots but maneuvers easily.

We store it in a storage lot. Parking permanently in our drive not allowed in our subdivision. When prepping for trip it parks easily in front of our house. We have driven in large cities without problems. Twice on longer trips where we stayed at one location and used it as a base for sightseeing, we rented a car for day trips. Some day we may add a toad, but for now we are quite comfortable driving the 2300 where we want to go.
My subdivision doesn't allow them either but I give them the BIRD. Not parking my $100k ride in a storage lot. They have attempted to lein our house twice but with no success
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Old 10-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
My subdivision doesn't allow them either but I give them the BIRD. Not parking my $100k ride in a storage lot. They have attempted to lein our house twice but with no success
I'm surprised because the courts usually are in their side. You're either the lucky recipient of really crappy CC&Rs or inept HOA Board. Either way- congrats!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm surprised because the courts usually are in their side. You're either the lucky recipient of really crappy CC&Rs or inept HOA Board. Either way- congrats!
I guess this is the one time in my life where "who you know" matters. I do all the photography for the Judge's and DA's office in the county I reside in. Personal friends with most of the officials. I'm a wedding photographer by trade but donate my services to a variety of different arenas.
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Old 10-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Our subdivision has deed restrictions that we knew about when we bought our lot and built our house. Generally we appreciate them. Our driveway is too steep to park MH anyway. Storage lot (and lockers) is a mile away. Secure area with automatic gates, video security and on site attendant. Works fine for us.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #10

Park about anywhere

I have a 2250, 24'4" long, 26'10" with my bike rack down and I can easily park in mall lots, little trailheads off the road, just about anywhere. Don't know that I would try to parallel park it though! No problem in traffic but I do have to watch weight restrictions even with this small unit where I live as a lot of the old steel truss bridges across the Delaware are rated at three tons. And, you still have height to deal with--some of the overpasses in the area are old, way under 11'.
Lou

Tags
sunseeker, toad