Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2300 on Ford 350 chassis

My question has to do with the metal wheel covers...The ones that cover the lug nuts and pretty much to the edge of the rim. I don't want to destroy them in the process of taking them off...what's the best and easiest way to take them off?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
GMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #2

Claw hammer
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #3

Sunseeker 2300 on Ford 350 chassis

Get a hubcap tool from a place like Harbor Freight. One side has a removal tool like a wide screwdriver blade (similar to what lug wrenches that come with cars have). The other side has a rubber mallet to pound the wheel cover back on. (And it will take some pounding on it to get it back on).

http://t.harborfreight.com/wheel-cov...ool-98957.html

The tool also works great for pounding in and removing tent stakes from the ground.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #4

Aren't the 350 wheel covers held on by a nut? One of the chrome lug nut covers should have indentations on it indicating which one has to be removed. After that they just fall off, no tool necessary.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMax View Post
My question has to do with the metal wheel covers...The ones that cover the lug nuts and pretty much to the edge of the rim. I don't want to destroy them in the process of taking them off...what's the best and easiest way to take them off?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Most come off like a normal hub cap but some are bolted on. Look closely at the simulated lug nuts to see if they unscrew. If you aren't sure you can also carefully pry on the lip of the cover to see if it looks like the lug nut area moves or is attached to something.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
Commercial Member

We don't use the screw on lugs. We did one year for a rental dealer because they complained of them falling off, then they decided it was a pain in the rear to unscrew the lugs and then take off the cover. Then the realized it wasn't out units falling off anyway.

So in the end, we only used them for about 100 rental units.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker