Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2400W MBS

Have owned and used everything from a pup tent (tent trailer, 5th wheel, small RV) to a 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. Want to downsize from the Toy Hauler to a diesel motorhome, but not a diesel land yacht. If you own a Sunseeker MBS, what is your opinion?
Thanks, Jim
JimHs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Lots of info in the MBS section - e.g, a recent thread there:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-174269.html
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Lots of info in the MBS section - e.g, a recent thread there:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-174269.html
Oops, missed that subforum. Thanks.
JimHs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:24 AM   #4

2400WS Full sideout issue

Our sideout sticks at the floor level behind the driver when beginning to extend the sideout. Sometimes it will not open and times out the control unit. If I job it most of the time it breaks free and opens freely. Our unit is a 2018 on a 2017 chasis. built in May of 2017 so it is one of the earlier builds. Has anyone had a similar issue. What do you suggest is the problem.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
Site Team

Moved to MBS sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #6

The MBS Sprinter is a great rig, but somewhat limited in CCC. That can sometimes be a problem for those that are downsizing. If that is an issue, Dynamax makes the Isata 5 on the Dodge 5500 platform with the Cummins, even comes in 4WD.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:09 PM   #7

Curious - I had replied to this post earlier today, and it is not here. SO, again I will post.
Advantages: size, nimble, drive it anywhere in town or parking lots, good mileage, comfortable to drive, V6 gives good power, tow up to 4200 pounds easily.

Disadvantages: Size: that there is very little cargo carrying capacity and the 2400 has the least, I believe due to large wall slide. Mercedes requirement of non bio diesel fuel is sometimes difflicult to comply with as a lot of states are now mandating 20" bio fuel. Maintenance cost of work performed by Mercedes is outrageous. Oil change $250 - $350 dependinging on where you are when you can do it yourself for around $100. Getting service on the road is a challenge as the factory authorized repair centers are far and few between once you get off the east or west coast metropolitan areas. Interior space for long, extended trips - this is an area where you get a lot of viewpoints. I am a big guy, and there is just not a lot of room to stretch out and relax, especially if you get caught in a few days of bad weather. My wife finally got tired of fighting the split mattress setup in the bed as every time we got ready to travel, you have to tear the bed down, run the slide in and then repeat at the next stop, and the mattress is not that comfortable, either. We travel with the two of us, a small dog and two cats and after a few weeks, it does begin to get close. We had a Sunseeker 2400R for 2 years, and after our last 6 week trip, both decided we needed something bigger and more comfortable so moved up to a Class A MH. I don't like the fuel cost, but sure do love the improved comfort level! Hope this gives you some insight to the Sprinter.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #8

Sunseeker 2400W MBS

We bought our 2018 2400W last fall with about 1800 miles on it and now we have over 10,000 miles on it and have stayed in it 36 nights and we alway have our 2 dogs, that is nice and comfortable for DW and I, sometimes our 18 and 19 year old children go with us, it's a little crowded but it's camping and we have fun. We love the MBS and it took a while for us to find what we wanted. We wanted diesel generator and the overhead bunk and aluminum wheels. We have owned 40' diesel pusher and T600 Kenworth truck motorhome, so this isn't our 1st motorhome. It is so nice to be able to pull in and park in a small lot. We love the motorhome and plan on putting a lot of miles on it in the next couple of years. When we tow, we have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee with Active Drive 2 that we tow on the ground with Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar and Roadmaster Invisibrake installed.

Be Safe and
rotdoxdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker