Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2450 cable tv plug in

Can someone please tell me where you hook the tv cable into the motorhome. Also is the same place used to hook up satellite ?
hankwilliamsjrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #2

On mine the cable jack is inside the rear compartment where the electrical cord is stored.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #3

Thanks

Thanks RvBill3. Guess I had'nt looked close enough.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #4

Do you know if you hook satellite to same plug ?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Coachmen Adrenaline

Are you talking about an external satellite that you would hook up at a campsite, or a dish that is on the roof of the rv? Depending on how and when it is mounted and used, you could technically use that cable plug for a satellite if you wish.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #6

It would be external at a campsite.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
Coachmen Adrenaline

you could use the cable hookup spot. just make sure you have the antenna booster off or the switchbox set to cable. Shouldn't be an issue either way. It is merely a coax cable going from that connection up to the booster or switch box.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #8

I dont currently have a Sunseeker YET!!... Soon!!!... But in the past I have dealt with the Satellite hook ups. The Exterior cable jack may be on the exterior by the city water connection, or in the shore power / dump station compartment. The line that runs from there goes to the antenna booster, then to any other jacks in or outside of the coach. The problem with sat connection is the megahertz required for the splitter. The booster splitter does not meet the requirements for satellite. I had to put my own splitter in for sat connection (typically 1000 to 3000mhz) and a small pigtail, then drilled a hole next to the current antenna connection, added a barrel connector to the pigtail with the locking nuts inside and outside the plate. I then run a pigtail for the antenna connection to the tv and a pigtail to my sat receiver.

I most always use my outside sat dish and have disconnected the antenna to any other lines on the camper. Only 1 tv has access to the antenna line.
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Coachmen Adrenaline

Thanks for clearing it up osgood. I've never hooked one up to the outside, so going off theory I assumed you could
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #10

I used to run it through the window, what a pain!... Ha!!! the biggest challenge once you have the wiring figured out is dialing the dish in.
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags