Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #1

Sunseeker 2700ds

Hello everyone hope im doing this right I have a question. Yesterday was my first day to own a Sunskeer 2700ds motorhome. I pull in my drive and not having an adapter to plug into my house I fired up my gen set.Turned on my master swith and the electic switch on the panel across from front door. I turned on my fridge the auto light came on but 5 hours later the fridge was still not cold so I opened the propane tank and then went back to fridge and pushed the botton for gas several hour later fridge was still not working. I then thought that the piolot for gas my not have lit due to air in the lines and being the first time so I continued try to get it to work by cutting it off and then trying to restart in gas mode still not working. Is the gen set not the same as plugging in to a power sorce? Looking for help thank ahead of time for your input.
csmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #2

Forgot to give you this info 2015 model
Old 08-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Make sure the range will light...if there is air in the lines the burner will sputter.

It should still work off electric with ten running. make sure the breaker is not tripped. Sometimes its not obvious.

Also, make sure the little T-stat fin is all the way up (little plastic doohicky on the metal fins in the fridge).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #4

When hot my fridge can take 8+ hours to start to feel cool. Freezer gets cold first and you should be able to feel the cold on the metal plate in the freezer within a couple hours.

Check the breakers and bleed the air out of the LP lines by using the cook top. Although you don't need LP if you have electric feeding the coach.

Go get a electric RV to household plug adaptor from Wal-Mart. They are perfect for pre-cooling your fridge a day or two before you plan to leave.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #5

On my Sunseeker, the 30A power chord needs to be plugged into the 30A outlet in the compartment near the generator. If not, the gen will run but no power to the motorhome.
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznsa View Post
On my Sunseeker, the 30A power chord needs to be plugged into the 30A outlet in the compartment near the generator. If not, the gen will run but no power to the motorhome.
That's the older style. The newer units have an auto transfer switch. No need to plug in.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmosher View Post
Forgot to give you this info 2015 model
Does the interior light come on inside the fridge? No light - then the button on top is probably not "on". The interior light is the first indicator if your refrigerator is "refrigeration" mode (gas or electric). No light means either the button isn't on or there is a power problem (12 volt or 120 volt).

On the lp gas mode, it does take a couple tries to get the air in the lines burped out. I think the Dometic unit gives 3 tries to light then it will go to error mode (flashing indicator near the power button). To reset the error you have to power off the fridge and then power back on.

After all this - if the fridge is not working on 120 volt, check the back of the refrigerator and make certain it is plugged in.

It does take time for these refrigerators to cool down - the back wall of the freezer is the first to chill.

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #8

Is your Sunseeker level?

My driveway is not level and my refrigerator will not start, electric or gas. Same for camping sites- Are you sure that your driveway is level?
THarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #9

Thanks for everone's help I had a little trouble signing back on so sorry for not repling sooner.
Fridge is working now it was a leveling problem of coarse after I had already tried everthing else my dealer had stated that it did not need to be level that why it works going down the road.
First Rv so I guess live and learn. Thanks again to everyone.

Do have an issue with the door flying open at camp site is there an aftermarket cylider setup that I can install to stop this ?
Old 08-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #10

guess i need to proof read before hit reply botton sometimes my fingers spell faster then my brain.

Tags
sunseeker