Old 03-14-2016, 09:55 AM   #1

Sunseeker 2860DS Rear Kitchen Advent Refrigerator

My 2860 DS Sunseeker's rear kitchen Advent refrigerator just stopped working while vacationing here in Florida. It worked for 10 days or so and just quit. Line voltage at the receptacle is 119 vac, so it's not a blown fuse/breaker. Turning it on, I hear a hum, no cooling though. No problem with door seals or seating.

Anybody have a problem with their's yet besides me? If so, was repair attempted or was a replacement purchased? Looking online, I wasn't successful in finding one, at least yet.

Thanks for any insight/info.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

We have 2015 2860. Never had a problem with outside fridge but we have only used it on 4 trips. Would be used a lot more if it ran on propane or if we had an inverter and solar. Curious what might be the problem . How long have you owed your coach?

Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 PM   #3

My unit is a 2013 model, I took receipt of it in Nov. 2012.

I totally agree, a propane/electric model as the one inside the coach would be much more usable for me also. Although I now spend a few weeks per year traveling to Florida and staying in a RV park with full hookups, I also do a lot of dry camping up in NY State.

The rear refrigerator has mostly been used for beverages, cooled when down here, but basically just used as beverage storage when dry camping.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:24 AM   #4

We also use it exclusively for drinks. Every time we are dry camping I feel we would be better off with that space as storage. When we are staying somewhere for a while i love having fridge outside. The kids can have all their drinks and snacks without having to go inside. Using it for tailgating would be great however
Old 03-17-2016, 10:29 AM   #5

Update; researching online I couldn't find the manufacturer name "Advent". I did find however that Danby is the same refrigerator and available from many retailers. One was ordered from Walmart at $147 and will be ready for pick up next week. At that price, I figured it didn't pay to fool around trying to fix my broken one.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ2N View Post
Update; researching online I couldn't find the manufacturer name "Advent". I did find however that Danby is the same refrigerator and available from many retailers. One was ordered from Walmart at $147 and will be ready for pick up next week. At that price, I figured it didn't pay to fool around trying to fix my broken one.
did you replace your ref yet and how did you remove it
Old 06-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #7

Danby refrigerator was received in a couple days at Walmart. Picked it up and replaced it, a couple of mounting issues, not a 100 percent exact replacement, but very close.

Tags
refrigerator, sunseeker, vent