Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2940DS - Thoughts/Opinions for family of 4?

Well, after much conversation, debate, back and forth about pros and cons of a 5er vs a MH, it appears that the MH may be the way to go. We like 5ers, but think the ease of jumping into a MH and taking off will cause us to use it more often than a 5er. Our purchase needs to be a 2008 and later models for financing reasons.

We are family of 4 (Me, DW, and two boys (9 and 14). We mainly travel local within 300-400 miles of our home (CA, AZ, NV), but will try and do one major cross country trip every summer (14 days). All other trips during the year range between weekend getaways to 7 days in Dec. and 4-5 day trips in Nov., Feb., and April. May tow our pontoon boat on occasion.

Details on the FR we are considering....

2008 Sunseeker 2940DS: (Double slides face to face) in living area, one owner, 6500 miles. Older Ford front end style even though it is a 2008. Slides are dinette on one side and couch on opposite side. Not sure if it has a fiberglass or TPM roof. asking price $37K

Thoughts/opinions on this rig?

Anybody have a copy of the CCC sheet located inside of the rig? I would like to see what the CCC is after fuel, propane, water, etc.....

Is this rig too small for a family of 4 with one small pet?

Perhaps we should concentrate on a model with one large slide?

Our budget is $40K

Thanks!
SoCalAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Here's a 2008 brochure. 2940 specs are in there.

UVW is the weight of the vehicle with full fuel and propane.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sunseeker 08_Web.pdf (2.19 MB, 131 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:53 AM   #3

Thanks! How do you know it is for a 2008; there are no year descriptions?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
Commercial Member

because the file name says 2008. That's how they are saved in our corporate network.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
because the file name says 2008. That's how they are saved in our corporate network.

Great! Many thanks!!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #6

We just purchased a 07 2940ds. We have 2 boys (5 and 7) and 2 all dogs. We are in the same boat as you, 300-400 mile trips. Its our first MH and love being able to jump in and drive away.

Purchased in Noveber, 5k miles on it. Almost 7k now, been taking it out as much as possible. Has only felt small once, In laws joined us for the day and it was raining, very tight inside, but my kids bring lots of toys. In reality, the MH is like a hotel room, we mainly sleep in it. We pull the awning out and hang outside most of the day, board games and movies at night. Only down side for me compared to a single full side slide out is the kitchen space, it gets a bit tight on counter space, but we are camping, no real need to make a 5 course meal!!! Gas milage is consistent at 8.5 miles, just got the tow bar on the car and it is barely noticable when towing. Overall no regrets. Hope thos helps
2 boys, 2 dogs, one wife and one Big Kid
shernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. At this point it appears we have narrowed it down to 2 MH; the 2940Ds and a 2008 Winnie 29T (one slide-dinette).

If you don't mind, shernandez, what did you pay for your MH? You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #8

I believe the 2008 2940DS I looked at has a 2007 chasis. I believe this as the front end grill is the "older model" Ford grill. In 2008 Ford changed to the "new" Ford grill as used in the Super Duty trucks. Along with the grill came several improvements, including an increase to the GAWR of front axle from 4600# to 5000#. So, is the year of a motor home dictated by chasis year of coach year, as I heard they can be different?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
So, is the year of a motor home dictated by chasis year of coach year, as I heard they can be different?
They are not related. There have been stories of there being upwards of 2 years difference in the model year (motorhome model year will be newer than the chassis model year).
Old 07-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Here's a 2008 brochure. 2940 specs are in there.

UVW is the weight of the vehicle with full fuel and propane.
How can I get the specs for an '06 Sunseeker 2940DS?
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker