Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3010ds air bags and tire pressure???

Going on our first camping trip with our new sunseeker 3010ds. Couple of questions. I checked both air bag pressures. Pressure was so low that it didn't even register on the air gauge but I could tell that there was some air in each bag. Probably less than 5psi. How much air should I keep in there for just normal nontowing operation? Also what is the recommended air pressure for the tires? They have about 50 psi in them now. Do you have to pull off the rear hubcaps in order to check air pressure on the rear outside tires.
I think the manual says to prevent damage to air bags/air helper springs also keep a minimum of 20 PSI. What do you guys keep them at?
Appreciate it.
humblegoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I posted the Ride Rite specs on year somewhere...range is 5psi to 100psi. Consensus seems to be 60psi is the sweet spot.

Rear outside tires should have a little metal extension on them. Or I would invest in a reverse chuck.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #3

When not towing, I put in 10 pounds. It makes for a softer ride and lessens some of the hard vibrations when going over bumps in the road.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #4

I run about 50-60 psi in the air bags. It helps especially when there is a cross wind to keep from rocking when trucks pass you. Try about 50 and adjust to your liking depending on load and conditions. Be very careful adding air as it takes only a little to make a big change in pressure.

The tires should have information on a sticker on the drivers door jamb (yellow). 50 psi is likely way too low. Each chassis and build is a little different, so follow the manufacturers advice. For example, my Chevy 2300 is 65psi front and 80psi rear.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #5

Always keeps 5psi min in them. I run 50 loaded and about 10 unloaded.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #6

the first chance you get, go to a trk stop and have your rig
weighed, make sure it is loaded then follow the recs on
tire pressure. This way you are not guessing and you
have not over loaded one side.

Phelpo
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:00 AM   #7

I also just bought a 3010 and I have not checked the air bags. Where exactly are they?
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:26 AM   #8

The airbag valves are inside the storage bins behind the rear tires.
gsevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Puzzlme

Haven't had my rig out yet ( aside from the drive home) I'm liking all the useful information on this forum. I'm getting answers to questions I haven't even thought to ask. Lol
Puzzlme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #10

Even after going to the scales I still went with 80 psi in rear and 75 psi in front. Tread wear is perfect after 3 years and 20,000 miles. Your not going to blow a tire for running what the tire manufacturer recommends but you will for being under inflated.

If your not towing you can do anywhere from 5 to 100 on the bags. If not towing or windy I ran 40 but if I was towing or driving in a strong wind I went 60 to 80 psi.

Running at least 40 in the bags will help save wear on your rear springs.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bags, pressure, sunseeker, tire