Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3010DS Magnadyne

I am a new owner of a 2013 Sunseeker 3170ds and experiencing many, many issues with this particular unit:

1. While in the Radio mode then unit will randomly begin "scanning" for the next available station.
  2. While in the GPS mode the entire system will randomly shut down or re-boot, going all the way back to a blank screen, followed by the Forrest River logo and eventually back to the radio. Upon selecting GPS again and then "Map" I eventually get back to the route guidance. Again, it seems to re-boot but somehow doesn't loose previous programming. This entire sequence can take from 45 seconds to several minutes.
I know the system is tied into my 3 Jensen TVs and what a problem that's been too. I can't seem to get any cable channels to come through. Over the air works, DVD works, but not cable.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions. I am very happy with my coach, but this is VERY frustrating - cant tell you how many times the GPS has dumped out on me when I've needed it the most. I do not rely on it - I always have my iPhone handy.
ButlerHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2

Contact Mark or Mike at Magnadyne. They checked mine and discovered it was grossly out of date. Sent update and working fine so far knock wood.
800-638-3600
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #3

Check out this post... It may help clear up the issues with the Magnadyne... Or, there is a post about a contact with the company to help you out.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-37861-2.html
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote