Old 05-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3010Ds Service and Quality (POOR)

The worst service and Quality i have ever seen. Purchased new on January 26 2014. Got it home and found many problems. 5 water leaks, 2 inches of water in rear compartment. 3 window water leaks, water damaged shelf behind couch.Wall trim by kitchen sink falling off and curling at the edges. Black mold on the slide toppers. Adhesive all over the floor and spots on the ceiling. Dead bugs in drawers and window tracks. 3 damaged decals on the body and damaged and bubbling paint of the living room slide. Took it right back to the dealer Lakeland RV in Lakeland Florida. Dropped it off on Feb 4th 2014. It was nothing but a battle to get any thing done. Contacted forest river and that did help a bit. was told that is would be done in 2 weeks as it was now being expidited by Forest River. finally on Febuary 27th it was supposedly done, Went to pick it up and most was completed but still some things were not done correctly. I did not have a choice to take it as i had to get back to Michigan for a family emergency. Once back in Michigan i had to get it back in for service. Took it to General RV in Browns town Michigan. Dropped it off on April 14th. (Very nice friendly people at General RV), We still had more problems we found on the way back. The inner rear compartments were falling down , screws stripped and missing. could see outside from inside the compartment. Leaking water and road dirt into the compartments, The stove top will not stay down due to the stove is put in 1/2 inch lower on one side. The shower leaks water around the door and bottom rail. The main entrance door for the coach, had air and water leaks. Rear bedroom slide binding up and making very loud noises. It has now been there for almost 6 weeks , they had to replace the entrance door and frame. Bottom of the door was 1/2 inch away from sealing. Massive air leak and water from the road was coming in, Had to jam a towel down there to keep some of the air and water out. Still waiting for the proper decals for the door as the wrong parts were shipped. Forest river has been aware of the problem all along, Not to much concern on there part. They have contacted me by phone to say the door shipped and they were reordering the decals because they were shipped the incorrect ones. I hope no one else have had any kinds of problems like this. This was a brand new unit and has had more repairs and work done to it that my old 2004 Jayco Freedom. As soon as i get it back i will be selling it. I know i will take a loss but. I do not trust it. With all the problems , they will follow it forever. I certainly will not be buying another Forest River product. Hope no one else ever has this much of a problem with there new unit. It now has 3153 miles on it. I has been in service for 67 days now, Just more than Half as long as i have owned it, Been able to use it 1 time plus the drive from Florida to Michigan. Just not a good feeling.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #2

Sorry you are having all these problems but IMHO most should have been caught and fixed by the dealer before you even bought it. Mold sounds like "Lot Rot" which comes from laying around in dealer inventory for a while which if it was an early build 2014 it could have been almost a year old. An RV is like a new house. There are going to be items and a thorough pre delivery inspection is very important especially if you don't do you own work or the dealer is far away.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #3

We are picking up a new 2015 2700 this week. I better not be on here in a couple of months with a list that long.

Sounds like that unit should never have left the factory floor!

Replacing a door? Seriously? The person in the factory didn't know that was wrong when he/she was installing it?

Funny story. If you look on outbackers.com (we have an Outback trailer now). They have all these posts about the stupid things the guys on the assembly line do. They joke about Gilligan installing the plumbing, wiring, shelving etc. Sounds like every manufacturer has it's share of Gilligans.

Good luck with your repairs. Hopefully someone can investigate further and escalate your issues if needed.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin langston View Post
The worst service and Quality i have ever seen. Purchased new on January 26 2014. Got it home and found many problems. 5 water leaks, 2 inches of water in rear compartment. 3 window water leaks, water damaged shelf behind couch.Wall trim by kitchen sink falling off and curling at the edges. Black mold on the slide toppers. Adhesive all over the floor and spots on the ceiling. Dead bugs in drawers and window tracks. 3 damaged decals on the body and damaged and bubbling paint of the living room slide. Took it right back to the dealer Lakeland RV in Lakeland Florida. Dropped it off on Feb 4th 2014. It was nothing but a battle to get any thing done. Contacted forest river and that did help a bit. was told that is would be done in 2 weeks as it was now being expidited by Forest River. finally on Febuary 27th it was supposedly done, Went to pick it up and most was completed but still some things were not done correctly. I did not have a choice to take it as i had to get back to Michigan for a family emergency. Once back in Michigan i had to get it back in for service. Took it to General RV in Browns town Michigan. Dropped it off on April 14th. (Very nice friendly people at General RV), We still had more problems we found on the way back. The inner rear compartments were falling down , screws stripped and missing. could see outside from inside the compartment. Leaking water and road dirt into the compartments, The stove top will not stay down due to the stove is put in 1/2 inch lower on one side. The shower leaks water around the door and bottom rail. The main entrance door for the coach, had air and water leaks. Rear bedroom slide binding up and making very loud noises. It has now been there for almost 6 weeks , they had to replace the entrance door and frame. Bottom of the door was 1/2 inch away from sealing. Massive air leak and water from the road was coming in, Had to jam a towel down there to keep some of the air and water out. Still waiting for the proper decals for the door as the wrong parts were shipped. Forest river has been aware of the problem all along, Not to much concern on there part. They have contacted me by phone to say the door shipped and they were reordering the decals because they were shipped the incorrect ones. I hope no one else have had any kinds of problems like this. This was a brand new unit and has had more repairs and work done to it that my old 2004 Jayco Freedom. As soon as i get it back i will be selling it. I know i will take a loss but. I do not trust it. With all the problems , they will follow it forever. I certainly will not be buying another Forest River product. Hope no one else ever has this much of a problem with there new unit. It now has 3153 miles on it. I has been in service for 67 days now, Just more than Half as long as i have owned it, Been able to use it 1 time plus the drive from Florida to Michigan. Just not a good feeling.
We purchased and received ours end of March. Disappointed in that many of the problems seem to be due to poor Q/A. Can relate to Kevin's issues 100%. While ForestRiver could have had a good produce with the 3010DS layout they failed in workmanship and quality assurance.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #5

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now.
So far it's been relatively small problems and the fine people on this site have been a great help. With that being said, diagnosing and fixing things is something I like to do. If I had to go back to the dealer for each thing, I wouldn't be happy either.

I think the challenge to FR and any other manufacturer out there is they can charge another $5,000 and everything will be run through QA and be perfect... or maybe fewer issues. But there is always another manufacturer that is willing to let the QA slide and charge $5,000 less.

Which one do you think people will buy?

I've bought two new RV's in the last 10 years. Both had a list of problems that I had to fix. If you aren't willing or able to fix things yourself, there is going to be some inconvenience. It's just the way the RV business operates. Look at all the automotive recalls lately.... everyone is looking to save a dollar. That is the result.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #6

Repairs

I can pretty much fix anything on these units, But being a new one and paying what they cost i dont feel anyone should have to fix all the things that this has had done, All major repairs. Paint, replacing the whole door and frame, having to pull the slide and fix tracks, and yes calking around all the window frames on a brand new unit instead of pulling the windows out and resealing them properly,Nothing but a band aid. I dont think any one would like it if you took your new car back for a water leak and went to get it and all they had done is put calk around the window.. Just dosnt make any sense.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin langston View Post
I can pretty much fix anything on these units, But being a new one and paying what they cost i dont feel anyone should have to fix all the things that this has had done, All major repairs. Paint, replacing the whole door and frame, having to pull the slide and fix tracks, and yes calking around all the window frames on a brand new unit instead of pulling the windows out and resealing them properly,Nothing but a band aid. I dont think any one would like it if you took your new car back for a water leak and went to get it and all they had done is put calk around the window.. Just dosnt make any sense.
I won't argue with you on that one and your unit is an exception that you should not be dealing with. Those are major repairs far and above the diy level.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 AM   #8

3010DSF

I have had my 2014 3010DSF Full body paint for about a year now. I have been a mechanic at a new car dealership for 30 years. I have never taken my MH back for warranty work. I have fixed everything myself. Here are the things that I have repaired. Several missing mounting screws on slide awnings. Incorrectly installed awning de-flapper that caused the large slide to hang when opening. Water leak at shower door. Adjusted entry door for air leak at bottom. Repaired incorrectly adjusted choke mechanism on generator that caused hard starting. Outside tv antenna coax connector had come off of the coax. LH rear storage door was dragging on bottom of frame and rubbed paint off. I adjusted it and re-sprayed the door frame area. Tightened and put locktite on all of the storage door latch/handles.
I caulked where I could see daylight around the rear storage bottoms to body. The inside front TV was coming loose on our last trip. When the dealer installed it they had only finger tightened the four mounting screws on the back of the TV before hanging it on the cabinet. Exhaust heat shield by the Propane tank was hitting the rear sway bar and making noise. One drawer lock at bottom of dinette wouldn't latch. Water heater control module wasn't secured and was just hanging by the wires. Most of this should have been caught and corrected by the dealer before it was sold.
Some things will only be found by actually using the MH. I think the 3010 is a good design. Better quality control and Dealer prep would have caught most of these problems. I am very happy with mine now. Buy yours from a reputable dealer with a good Service Center and you will be a happy camper
Old 08-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #9

And this is why you need a check list to do your walk thru before you bring it home. I have a 2014 3010DS and love it. yes it has some small issues but what doesn't.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #10

Opinion of Forest river

With all the problems with this unit was a pain to say the least. But after finding out that the dealers that had worked on it were really the problem and not Forest River, Once i made contact with the Factory and was asked to bring it there for the repairs and replacement parts, Things changed, Stuff was done promptly and correctly. They fixed everything the dealers messed up. Rick and his crew there were outstanding, Going then to the F.R.O.G At Goshen and having the 6 tech,s for the Sunseekers there to take care of all the rest of the problems this has made a world of difference and i would like to thank everyone involved. I would highly recommend Forest River and there products. They stood up and took care of everything and then some. The crew at Goshen were great to say the least. Thank you again for the outstanding care taken to correct this.
Kevin & Judy Langston

Tags
quality, service, sunseeker