Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw7 View Post
Responding to the engine questions- I guess I've always been 'performance minded' so it was a logical choice to spend $1k on the engine/ exhaust mods. The K&N was $330? (Ebay). Definitely more air coming in, serviceable, I can see if/when it's dirty. The 5 Star Tuner (SCT tuner $450) allows the ECU computer to be re-calibrated for air/fuel ratio at full throttle, transmission shift points, and fuel mileage. This mod alone is worth the $$$ spent. My rig tows better, has better acceleration, and better mileage. Then to finish it off, go to your exhaust shop and put on a true Free Flow muffler. You might hear it more than the stock muffler, but that's because everything is flowing better. More air in, more exhaust out.

TV in the entertainment center up front- I love the finished look of the cabinetry and it's a nice big 42" screen. I don't have kids, so I won't be needing the bunk space, and I didn't want an upper bunk which would end up being the 'catch all' for luggage and such. Behind the two side doors there is plenty of storage space, a roll out shelf, so my DVD movies, magazines, and whatever, all have a out of the way place to be.
As far as watching TV from the couch, I'm usually LAYING on the couch so it works great . A quick lowering of the dinette table could be the 'other lounge station'. Haven't tried it yet but with some pillows/comforter I'm sure I could fall asleep there too!

The folding bedroom partition (door)- Hmmm, I've only used it once. It works. Enough said.

When the 2015 came out I checked it out to see what was new. I really liked a few new things like the hinged lower sofa face. It folds down to allow better entry under the sofa ( for storage, like my shoes). Paid my dealer $60 to modify that for me and I like it.
I also like the metal backsplash around the stove ( I'll go to Home Depot and buy some and install myself). Easy.
The biggest thing I liked about the new 2015 is the sliding pantry next to the fridge. The whole pantry slides out on rollers, how nice is that for easy access?

In closing ( again ) , before departing on the road always check your air pressures. Tires and air bags. This really helps your stability in driving. Oh, and take good care of your batteries too. I've had to replace a battery during storage down time because I didn't check on things enough during the cold of winter. ( I'm learning! ) I've learned so much by just reading this forum, and I continue to . BClemens, thank you for all your input, you've answered so many of my un-asked questions and given me a better understanding of things. Attachment 69434Attachment 69435Attachment 69436Attachment 69437

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
How does the hinged sofa toekick stay in place when not open? Magnet?

Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM   #112
GM

magnet

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #113

Does any one have pictures of the hinges used and the magnetic hold ?
Old 03-25-2015, 03:00 PM   #114

So what brand, model number or other information can be provided regarding the pull out pantry on the 2015? In other words how can I add it to my 2014?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #115

I built one. Search 3051s Pantry Upgrade. I have pictures posted there.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #116

Was just at my local dealer and took some pictures of a 2015 with the under sofa storage. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427485429013.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	72301   Click image for larger version

Name:	1427485444470.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	72303  
Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #117

We love our 2014 3050S Sunseeker. We live in our six months out of the year with our 7 year old son. We can't live in it during the winter because right now we are in North Dakota. It is so easy to drive and we have been across the United States with it, hauling a 2012 Jetta TDI and my mother. My husband drove it like he was in a Nascar race. The model was perfect for us when we first say it.

I love the frig! That is what sold me on it. It took getting use to the conventional oven/microwave. The bathroom is nice and love the hamper holder under the sink.

My son loves the bunk. He has even put up posters in his 'room'. The cubbies up there are great for his games and small toys. At first I worried about him hitting the TV but he hasn't so far. He sleeps towards the back.

The door to our bedroom is sturdy. Some of the hinges came loose early on but we put them back on the track.

Overall, we love our RV home and look forward to living in it year round in a few years.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #118

U-shape dinette?

This question is probably for Brian....On the new 2016 3050S, is there an option for the u-shaped dinette, in place of the booth style?
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #119
GM

Nope
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #120

We too love our 3050s and find the storage exceptional both inside and below.Our only compliant would be the noisy air conditioning and would recommend a fantastic fan in the bedroom.My husband also wishes it has a steering stabilizer on it- we are now considering this after the fact.
It is just the two of us but we do take our grandson now and then!

Tags
305, 3050s, convection, e450, ford, sunseeker