Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #81

Yes a little 2007 Suzuki sx4.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #82

Auto spell ... Should have said a really loud creaking noise.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlantz View Post
There has been plenty of other posts about the slide. I have to wonder if it's just to big and heavy for the unit. We had a class a before we downsized to this. Never had the kind of problems.
Yes, we were hot on the 3050 until we read the posts about the slide issues. It does seem to be a bit under-engineered for a C class chassis to handle. Hopefully as time goes on, the kinks will be worked out and it will be as trouble-free as smaller slide units. We did love the floor plan and will check into a full-wall slide on our next rig.
OP, good luck with your new rig.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #84

I bought a new 3050 sf last month and just took it to the Daytona 500 from Pittsburgh. Almost 2000 miles round trip. I put a K&n air filter in it before trip. I got 8mpg with four people and a lot of luggage in it. It handled well in snow and some bad weather driving conditions. Overall I was happy with it. Had some minor issues I have to get fixed. The grey tank is not emptying properly- must be something from factory stuck in it. The frig doors are still not opening easily after being adjusted at the dealer. The heat pump stopped working when using the geni, however it works while plugged into electric. The full wall slide gives you a lot of living space and the outdoor tv is a huge bonus. I would also recommend the Bigfoot auto leveling jacks - so convenient. We were torn between the 3010 and the 3050 but are happy with our choice. The folding door to bedroom is fine when in place but kind of a pain to fold up. The wooden pocket door separating the bathroom from kitchen is a huge plus though. Most models don't have one at all.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #85

Yep, the 3050S was our first motorhome and have not looked back since. So far the only interior mod i have done is to take out the skinny shelves next to the fridge and install home made pull outs with wire basket shelves. It took a while to have the dealer work out all the bugs with the AV stuff but dont have much to complain about. Love the layout of the bathroom and sink/vanity area.
Future upgrades will be quality sink faucets, and engine performance items.
Make sure that the air bags under the rear springs have about 40psi in them for the test drive and be ready to swing wide in the turns as it has a long wheel base.
slvrpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #86

Thanks for your replies!

Here's another question: does the rear view camera (2015 3050S) toggle between two or more views, or is it just the fixed view looking down at the hitch and ground just behind it? I've driven the unit once now, and it seems like it would be nice to have a regular "rear view mirror" view to augment the side mirrors when driving. When I drove it, I could see the camera would be very helpful for backing up and for keeping an eye on anything being towed, but pretty useless for actually seeing traffic coming behind, unless it toggles to a second higher, wider view. Didn't remember to ask the dealer about this question, so turning to you first!
SmallAbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #87

My 3051s only has the one rear view, down at hitch and about three feet out from it.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #88

Mine has one view. Guess a little motor could be used to raise it. I did a simpler mode. I attached one of those magnifier plastic things that are sold all over on rear window. Works well enough.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallAbe View Post
Thanks for your replies!

Here's another question: does the rear view camera (2015 3050S) toggle between two or more views, or is it just the fixed view looking down at the hitch and ground just behind it? I've driven the unit once now, and it seems like it would be nice to have a regular "rear view mirror" view to augment the side mirrors when driving. When I drove it, I could see the camera would be very helpful for backing up and for keeping an eye on anything being towed, but pretty useless for actually seeing traffic coming behind, unless it toggles to a second higher, wider view. Didn't remember to ask the dealer about this question, so turning to you first!
Someone on another thread talked about that you can re-adjust the camera to a higher view that allows you to look behind anything you are towing. Evidently there are two screws on either side of the camera that you need to loosen , re-adjust the camera, then re-tighten. Haven't tried it, but it sounds reasonable.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Someone on another thread talked about that you can re-adjust the camera to a higher view that allows you to look behind anything you are towing. Evidently there are two screws on either side of the camera that you need to loosen , re-adjust the camera, then re-tighten. Haven't tried it, but it sounds reasonable.
We adjusted ours by loosening the two allen set screws and rolling it up to a higher level. We're now able to see the whole car and a bit behind it. The side view cameras are an added plus.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #91

Sofa comfort??

We are seriously thinking of purchasing a 3050. Could some of you please give me your opinion on how comfort the sofa is for watching TV. Neck pain?? Long term watching comfort for like a football game?
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #92

It is comfortable as long as you have the swing tv I have no range of motion neck fusion c1c2c3

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #93

3050S sofa comfort

Get some good pillows for the sofa and it should be fine...for one person. Sitting and watching is not that comfortable, but not terrible either.

But what do i know, i dont go camping to watch TV. The other creature comforts in the 3050S far outweigh an awkward viewing angle of the idiot box.
slvrpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13larry View Post
We are seriously thinking of purchasing a 3050. Could some of you please give me your opinion on how comfort the sofa is for watching TV. Neck pain?? Long term watching comfort for like a football game?
We are also looking to buy a 3050S and have the same concerns. BClemens suggested attaching an additional swing arm to the existing arm to enable the TV to be adjusted to a better angle to the sofa. We have also thought about attaching the TV to a flip up/down mtg bracket and sacrificing one of the overhead cabinets above the dinette and mounting it either under the cabinet or directly to the cabinet door and permanently securing the cabinet door to function as a mounting base for the bracket. Not sure if this will work, but until we actually get the MH, can't really tell for sure, but it's a thought anyway.
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
It is comfortable as long as you have the swing tv I have no range of motion neck fusion c1c2c3

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
How about a few comments from owners having the 42" TV overhead entertainment center instead of normal TV?? Pros and or Cons??
Budro35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budro35 View Post
How about a few comments from owners having the 42" TV overhead entertainment center instead of normal TV?? Pros and or Cons??
Having sat on a sofa in a Motorhome with the overhead entertainment center on a dealer's lot, I can tell you that it is even worse from the sofa, especially from the one end of the sofa nearest the cab area.
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #97

If you don't have children or grandchildren that go with you, we highly recommend the overhead entertainment center. The 42" TV can be seen from any angle in the coach and the cabinets are roomy. One has a slide out drawer and the other has a shelf.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #98

We have the 42" overhead and love it! Got rid of the sofa altogether and going with two swivel recliners. Much nicer that way for just the DW and me.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Haul View Post
We have the 42" overhead and love it! Got rid of the sofa altogether and going with two swivel recliners. Much nicer that way for just the DW and me.
Any special considerations on the recliners (i.e. anchoring them down)? Also, is there room for a small end table in between them? Does the foot rest extend all the way to the dinette?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Any special considerations on the recliners (i.e. anchoring them down)? Also, is there room for a small end table in between them? Does the foot rest extend all the way to the dinette?
I know what you are going to be doing soon!!!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3050s, convection, e450, ford, sunseeker