Old 02-17-2015, 12:26 AM   #61

So for most of you the exterior comes down to price and/or personal preference? In other discussions I've seen, there seem to be some claims that the full body paint wears much better and is easier to maintain. Others say, no, it can go bad just as fast as the decals. It seems to me, as I read, that either choice, the main things for good maintenance of the exterior are regular washing, coupled with wax 1-2 times a year minimum, and sheltering the unit when possible with a garage, "carport," or rv cover to protect from the sunlight and other elements. Am I on the right track here?

Old 02-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #62

^^^I'd say that you are right on track.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:28 AM   #63

I agree with Action Jackson. We keep ours in a shaded part in our driveway, no direct sun and seems to do well. We had a ten year old motorhome that was kept the same and still looked great. Would love to have a garage though. I think maintenance plays a big part.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #64
Citrus County, Fl.

According to NADA, the full body paint adds about $3000 to the low retail on a ten year old Class C and $4500 on a five year old. Taking that with a grain of salt, you should be able to recoup +50% of what you invest at the time you sell along with the better "curb appeal". Something to consider.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:41 AM   #65

I think full body paint wears better and I have had several with both painted and unpainted

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #66

I have the same floor plan but it is a 2015 Forester 3051S. Got it last June from RV Wholesalers. List price was just under $124K it has every option except outside TV plus more than standard options like the wife wanted a real oven along with the microwave convection one and a couple move. I got it for $74K which was over $20K less than the local dealer's best price. I consider the local dealer a bunch of crooks. It was a custom factory order and got it exactly like I wanted.
The dealer has been the greatest in dealing with warranty problem either shipping the parts direct to me as soon as they can get them from the factory and I put them on if simple to do or they have set up work to be done at Camping World which is just 5 miles away. So if you have not bought yet check out RV Wholesalers, the show price for what I got was $108K and what I got had another $11K in options and I got the final price of $74K. Show prices are not great and you end up with something maybe 1000 or more people have been with kids standing in drawers and who knows whatelse. Foresters are suppose to be higher quality materials than Sunseekers which are entry level and used a lot of rental. Just my opinion. Good luck on finding what you want be ge a good price.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #67

Must have options that are not listed to the public I looked all over the U.S. At forester and Sunseeker never did I see one listed at that price as far as the differences minimal unless you really don't understand what they are built at same place using same parts pretty much

Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by allagante View Post
Foresters are suppose to be higher quality materials than Sunseekers which are entry level and used a lot of rental. Just my opinion.
Same chassis, frame, walls, sub-floor, roof, appliances. Foresters have some nicer interior touches that do look richer/more luxurious than the Sunseekers. You get what you pay for. Whether or not you get more value,
is determined by the individual.
The "entry level" Sunseeker has far more features and is of higher quality than the offerings from other C manufacturers. Just my opinion.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #69
GM

Yeah. What he said.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #70

Been there done that several times glad to be much wiser this time hope to be even wiser the next

Tags
305, 3050s, convection, e450, ford, sunseeker