Old 07-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #11

I know I saw some images earlier of seatbelts on the back couch. Not 100% sure (Maybe 99%).
There are seatbelts and carseat latches on the forward facing booth.
The fantastic Fan and hood are totally different things. The fantastic fan is for airing your camper out (Sometimes they get musty) or creating a breeze. They work very well. I guess they would also work as an exhaust fan.

Here is a pretty good video of the unit. A lot of things you can find out by doing a google search of images and videos of the unit.

Forest River 2013 Sunseeker 3170 DSF Class C motorhome - Motorhomes

Old 07-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
GM

1. Yes we are now putting (2) in the rear sofa standard. There are only (2) in the front sofa now.
2. switch box is manual. it only determines what signal feeds to the TV. The DVD is a separate item (pause, rewind). In that case you would need to use a IR repeater to send the signal to the DVD player OR have line of sight.
3. Hood fan is JUST for smoke exhaust at the range like at home. The fantastic fan is more for comfort. For instance, if you're camping and it's warm you put the awning out, crack a window or two and turn the fantastic fan on. It draws air through the unit and keeps it cool without running the A/C. It's also 12V so if you dry camp and aren't running the gen or have power hook ups you can still be comfortable. Trust me...get the Fantastic Fan. Frankly it should be standard...but some people will not get it and put their own with remote or rain sensor on.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Site Team

Ditto on the Fantastic Fan! There's a hugh difference with it and I'm happy I replaced the original fan with it. Everyone I know that has the Fantastic Fan is very happy with it (from TT to 5th Wheel to MH).

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #14

Probably a question we should have asked a while ago but: what is the essential difference between a Forester 3171 and a Sunseeker 3170? I have looked quite a bit and can't find anything much different!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #15
GM

Forester Upgrades
• Skirt Paint (Standard)
• Vinyl soft-touch ceiling
• Recessed glass light fixtures
• Fiberglass running boards
• Serta Eurotop mattress (Standard)
• Fiberglass front cap (Standard)
• Carpet in low traffic areas (lino throughout optional)
• Floor Lighting
• Hidden Hinges
• Cedar Lined Closets & drawers
• Outside Security Light
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #16

We are almost ready to purchase but are concerned about weight. Right now it is the one question we still have.
Does ayone have any advice about whether this RV will be able to travel with a family of 6/7 and all the paraphernalia that goes with us?
We're wondering if we're going to have to pay attention to every box of cereal or swimsuit we pack?!
We will also be pulling a minivan for some of our trips. And we have a 5 bike rack that we can put 6 bikes on that we will sometimes want to take with us.
We really like the 3170 because of the back bunks. 4 kids between 7 & 10 and one adult child we need all the separation space we can get!

We've been doing the research but one issue is that we really have not got a clear idea of what the weight is of stuff we pack. (And we would normally have at least one case of water with us stored underneath.) We're reading about traveling with empty tanks, etc. and think we understand what that's about....Big purchase and just want to be sure that it's the right thing!
And by the way, this forum has been more help than anywhere else we've tried....So, Thanks for all the insight!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
GM

You know the weights of the bikes and the people...you should be able to get a good idea how much is left. You can always put stuff in the mini van too. I doubt it weighs 5,000 lbs and if you tow 4 wheels down none of that goes against the GVWR of the motorhome. Gross Combined (motorhome plus tow vehicle) is now rated at 22,000lbs (up from 20k). So in theory you could get 7,000lbs if you had to have it. (which I doubt).
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
2. We DO NOT use the cheapest available at the time. That may be other divisions, but we are not other divisions. We have always used Toshiba up until last year. We then switched to the Jensen line because they are designed for mobile use, LED (low power consumption) and native 12V. This allows you to watch TV without running the generator or the added cost/complexity of an inverter.
I am pleased to hear that about Jensen. I have been pleased with the Jensen 12 volt that I have in the Sunseeker 3120. The front TV was a Toshiba, it went POOF and I had to replace it.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #19

I personally ordered our Forester without the TV (bunk room is standard). I did order them to install the main living area tv bracket as its a unique item. I wanted a player that could display Blue-Ray movies as we have both DVD and BR movies at home.

I am not a Jensen fan. I have a Vizio LED in both the rear bedroom and main living area, together they cost less then the factory Jensen units and are rated higher in consumer mags. In the rear bedroom, I bought a 12v to 110v coverter, it's nearly silent and powers the Vizio LED and a BR player.

It's all about preferences, but at the time I ordered my unit I couldn't justify the list price on the build sheets for the factory TV's.

As far as the Forester, I get many many compliments on its looks and after ordering from Terrytown in Michigan I paid LESS for a fully loaded factory fresh Forester then a on the lot local stripped Sunseeker. Terrytown even sent two airplane tickets to pickup our forester.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #20

We are picking up a 2013 2860DS the 28th and we added the Fantastic Fan to the bedroom vent. So we should be covered for fresh air. We do not care for A/C that much unless it's so hot that A/C is really needed.

Tags