Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #1

Sunseeker custom orders?

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a 2013 Sunseeker 2450S, which would need to be ordered. I hoped to have this thread answered by someone at Forest River, or previous experience. The model 2690 and forester 2691 has a nice a cabinet directly over the coach entry door, and the 2450 does not, even though the space between the cabinets over the doorway appears to be the same. Will forest river install additional cabinetry as an option if it fits? The additional storage space would be great. My dealer doesnt seem to think they will make any interior changes like that. I found that odd since the cabinetry is an exact match, it just needs tobe hung. Any ideas? Thanks!
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #2

Custom orders

4Gcampers, our factory representatives (BClemens is one) are probably out for the holiday weekend.
They should be back on board bright and early Monday and then they can answer your question.

Regards,
Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #3

FYI, I just received my 2860 and I also requested a shelf above the entrance door, but was denied.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
MKM

We received our 2013 Sunseeker 2690 in September. The floorplan as well as our unit do not have a cabinet above the entry door. If there was one, I think head clearance would be an issue for most folks. I'm not sure where you saw that shown.

We also requested to have the rear security light that the Forester series has. The interior control panel has the switch cutout as well as label for the light, but we were also told they were unable to add the light on the Sunseeker.

Mark
MKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #5

Sometimes adding a cabinet or shelf won't work because suitable attachment points are not available. RV s are not built with consistent studs locations like a house and only have them where attachments for the specific layout are needed.
The only reason I can think of why the security light in a Forester could not be put in the same Sunseeker floorplan is the different ceiling. The wiring probably runs thru the ceiling and may not be able to be threaded thru a solid ceiling vs the soft one of the Forester. I'm sure your dealer or you could figure out a way to install the light but it might be time consuming and costly.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #6

My 2300 Sunseeker (2011) had the shelf above the entrance door, it wasn't a problem as it wasn't that deep, perhaps 8 or 9 inches, nor did it hang down that low from the ceiling, it was handy though.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #7

We saw a 2011 Sunseeker with a shelf but our 2012 came with a cabinet in its place. Much nicer. It is not a deep cabinet and does not interfere with going in and out of the door.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Coachmen Adrenaline

4G. I would pm BClemens about this. I'm not certain what the answer is, but he will have one.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #9

I would think the factory would sell you the cabinet so that you could install it yourself.

When we bought our 2007 Rockwood, the factory sold us a window, that I installed in the bedroom. We were able to buy the window and the matching valance, as repair parts, at a reasonable cost.

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #10

Thanks for the info folks! I just got a chance to read your posts. I was mistaken about one of the units. Its the forester 2691 that has the cabinets over the entry door. The dimensions on the sunseeker 2450 and 2690 look identical over the doorway, and seem like a cabinet would slip right in. I assumed that the forester and sunseeker models were identical structural wise, just upgrades and cosmetics on the forester. The cabinet i was referring to is very shallow and has doors, and looks like a useful space that wouldnt get in the way. It sounds like forest river isnt too big on custom orders based on your posts. Thanks for the input!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Commercial Member

The cabinet above the door comes on the Forester, not the Sunseeker. We used to put a clock there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #12

We have just (two days ago) ordered a 2690S and the brochure online is showing the cabinets above the main door. It seems that something has changed lately because the "printed" brochure from the dealer is not showing the cabinet. We suspected that Forest River decided to add this cabinet to the Sunseeker line lately.
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #13

Bambam, this is my two cents worth. We placed an order for Sunseeker back in Jan. Apparently the cabinet in the online brochure was an error, since they use the same floor plan pics for the Forester. When we ordered ours, I had sales person get in contact with the local FR rep and he said he could get it some for us. It states that on the bottom of our purchase order. The unit is still in the factory, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. It would be a deal breaker for us as we need as much storage as possible. I would suggest getting with your dealer and confirming something with a FR rep.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
Bambam, this is my two cents worth. We placed an order for Sunseeker back in Jan. Apparently the cabinet in the online brochure was an error, since they use the same floor plan pics for the Forester. When we ordered ours, I had sales person get in contact with the local FR rep and he said he could get it some for us. It states that on the bottom of our purchase order. The unit is still in the factory, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. It would be a deal breaker for us as we need as much storage as possible. I would suggest getting with your dealer and confirming something with a FR rep.
What he said. The printed brochure is correct. We used the same floor plans for both Sunseeker & Forester. (Forester gets the cabinet). Astute forum members pointed out this error so we had the brochures reprinted. The online version has not ben updated yet.

Please get with your dealer to add this if needed. I know one floor plan on Sunseeker has it due to TV location, but call to confirm.

Just to confirm, the Sunseeker DOES NOT get the cabinet over the door. That is a Forester upgrade.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote