Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #1
Class C Representative

Sunseeker FT

Check out the new Ford Transit!

It's a no slide coach with a walk around bed, lithium batteries, and a Truma Combi water heater/Furnace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	107353   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	107354   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	107355  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sunseeker Transit 2p V2 (002).pdf (1.85 MB, 323 views)
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Joshua , interior shots, please.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

msrp? what is the ahr of the lithium battery?
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
MH Noob

Josh - that is pretty cool - I dig the cabinetry color - wish it would carry over to bigger models.

Are there plans for a more - off road version. Would be cool to have in Moab.
Slimjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
Joshua , interior shots, please.
Click on the link at the bottom of his post.
gandb26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
Class C Representative

Use the link at the bottom for our poster and all of the pictures I have.

There is no plans for an offroad version for any of our floorplans.

Sunseeker Base Price

Gas:$81,719

Diesel: $88,299
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 05-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #7

Me like. I love my 2860DS but would consider going smaller next time. But the deal killer is the shower. I am 6' 2" and need a shower I can get into. I don't prefer the wet bath but would consider it as long as I can fit.

I notice it can't tow much, but that is Ford's fault. Not sure I need a toad with an RV this small but would like the option.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Use the link at the bottom for our poster and all of the pictures I have.

There is no plans for an offroad version for any of our floorplans.

Sunseeker Base Price

Gas:$81,719

Diesel: $88,299
I like that you are offering a gas model. The others I have seen are all diesel.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Check out the new Ford Transit!

It's a no slide coach with a walk around bed, lithium batteries, and a Truma Combi water heater/Furnace.
I also like the lower 10'3" height. In my part of the world that works better due to low hanging tree branches and low railroad under passes.

We encountered an underpass yesterday that was less than 8 feet in clearance in NJ. Good thing we saw it from a block away, good warning signs.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
Site Team

I like it. Use some of that CCC for a small generator and you'd be one up on the Winnebago Class B's....
Old 05-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #11
Class C Representative

There is a 2.8 liter generator standard.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #12

I like it.
Joshua,
Could you squeeze a 60/75 queen in the rear of the 2390?
With an 84 interior width, that would still give you 12 inches on either side.
Queen bed is a must for us (particularly the walk-around) - and many others I would assume.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #13
Class C Representative

If we made the bed bigger you would lose necessary wardrobe storage and add weight, though it would be minimal, ever pound counts in a unit this size.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #14

Quote:
If we made the bed bigger you would lose necessary wardrobe storage and add weight, though it would be minimal, ever pound counts in a unit this size.
You have 2300 lbs of weight available for stuff according to the specs.
Thats a lot more than the MBS.
Adding 100 lbs for added bedding and platform seems minimal.
And the diesel will pull all that and more.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Yes...but no longer is the GVWR the deciding factory.

With the CAFE Standards...they are now lowering the allowable curb weight that we can build to. So while it looks like you can build to 10,300 lbs. The allowable curb weight (from the factory) is only 8140 lbs. So that minimal 100lbs, would put it over the legal limit.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes...but no longer is the GVWR the deciding factory.

With the CAFE Standards...they are now lowering the allowable curb weight that we can build to. So while it looks like you can build to 10,300 lbs. The allowable curb weight (from the factory) is only 8140 lbs. So that minimal 100lbs, would put it over the legal limit.
Interesting. New govt limits. That NEVER stops does it?
What is the CAFE weight limit on the MBS.
Curious since most folks with the larger units are overweight when fully loaded.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #17
Commercial Member

That's the sad part...the CAFE standards are only for OEM's. You can load all the way to the GVWR. In the past, the emissions testing was done at GVWR...but I think to accommodate the CAFE standards, they're testing them to lower numbers so they can get their fleet average. IN the end, the customer is loading them completely anyway, so its just more hoops to make us "feel" better.

So the Mercedes, as a diesel is tested to the GVWR.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #18
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Oh, this is very nice. I wanted one with no slides and my husband wanted a diesel. One thing I was very surprised at was such a little bit of foot room in the Ford truck versions of Class Cs. It doesn't even seem safe to me to travel for hours so jammed up like that. Esp for passenger side. I must be the only one to be concerned, there are 1000s on the roads. Hopefully the transit van version is roomier.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #19
Site Team

Time to wake up an old thread, with all the pertinent info, rather than start a new one...

Earlier in this thread I said I liked the TS concept, after driving one we liked it enough that we now have a Sunseeker TS2390 on order for July delivery.

We compared the TS to the Coachmen Orion Traveler T24TB (similar floor plan to the TS 2370/1), the Crossfit (also Transit based), and several M-B Sprinter based Class B's like the Galleria and Airstream. After comparing all the units the TS 2390 is the best choice for us to "down size".

The criteria we used for our search was fairly straight forward:

1. The biggest requirement! My wife had to be comfortable driving it. She was quite comfortable driving all of the Class B and small Class C units that we reviewed. Hey the TS isn't a whole lot bigger than my old Ford Excursion anyway... Our GTS while being very comfortable when parked wasn't something she wanted to drive.

2. We wanted something that was a more of a RV, not a "touring" coach. That meant all the M-B Sprinter Class B's didn't really meet our needs. Why? The rear couch / bed is not something I would want to sleep on for an extended period. There are too many gaps, lumps, and moving parts to be comfortable. And having to remake it from a bed to a couch every time we wanted more space was another concern...and then back again. The bathroom is adequate but the shower was waaaay too small. And no matter what brand you look at they are all very similar in layout. I suppose you can only do so much with the limited floor space. While they are wonderfully comfortable to drive there just isn't the space in one to spend several weeks at a time...at least for us if we want to stay happily married anyway.

3. No slide outs. Yes, they add a lot of room, our GTS has four, but we've had issues with slides in the past and I wanted to avoid them if possible. Plus smaller units lose a lot of CCC when you add a slide out. Look at the at the CCC difference between the TS 2370/1, @1654 pounds and the TS 2390/1 @2310 pounds...I have better uses for that ~650 pounds of CCC then the small space the slide out adds.

4. Diesel versus Gas. I wasn't really hard over on this one. But the initial purchase price, and ongoing maintenance costs, of a diesel engine versus a gas engine lead us to opting for the 3.7L gas engine in our TS 2390. We've driven a gas TS 2390 and it has more than adequate power for us. And I'm sure I'd lose some CCC going to the diesel although I don't know exactly how much.

5. Local dealer support. Our TS is on order through Three Way Campers, in Marietta, GA. We have bought several RV's from them and they have always offered excellent support both before and after the sale. Having a good dealer that will work with you and support you is a priority for me.

Down sizing from the "big" GTS to a TS will be "interesting" I'm sure. The TS has plenty of interior storage, more than our GTS in some ways, but the exterior storage takes a serious hit. At least the CCC of the two units is comparable! The corner shower in the TS is a bit smaller than the corner shower in the GTS...but it is still bigger than the rectangular box in other units. The TS "dinette" is smaller, okay it is a lot smaller. No auto levelers either, at least until Bigfoot offers them. And no more TOAD...the bikes will get more use or we'll rent a car when needed. Even with these issues both the DW and I think the TS 2390 will work out fine for us.

I'm not seeing many posts on the TS family on FRF yet, does anyone who owns one have any TS series specific issues I should be watching for when ours is delivered? My only concern is the Truma Combi, that will be a learning curve compared to the traditional separate furnace and water heater we've always had...
Old 06-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #20

How wide are the twin beds in the 2370 model?
keep camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker