Old 07-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #1

Sunseeker Hitch Rating

I purchased a new Sunseeker 2650s and the hitch looks like the older Bayer
models rated at 5000/500. The label on the hitch had been removed by the dealer. What should be used for a 7000 pound rated hitch and should it have come from the factory that way?

Old 07-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #2

Is yours a Chevy? I believe only the Fords have the 7500lb hitch

Old 07-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
GM

The 2650 is not offered on a Chevy so it has to be a Ford. What model year is it?

The factory 7500lbs hitch looks just like the 5,000lbs hitch. It is custom built for us and before we went out and spent more on some other hitch we had ours tested. Everything passed but the safety chain loops. So we had those loops beefed up and now have a 7,500lbs hitch standard.

There may be a serial number stamped on there...but the only way I know to tell is the safety chain loops use thicker steel than the 5k.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #4

Thanks for getting back to me. It is a 2015 model year 2650s and is a Ford. Should the hitch come with a rating label?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
GM

Yes, there should be a label right on the back of the hitch. If yours is a 15, then it should be the 7500lbs hitch. I think someone posted a picture of the label a while back.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #6
GM

Found it.

Sunseeker 3170DS Hitch Limitations

Memory hasn't faded quite yet...but its getting awfully dim these days.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:04 AM   #7

Thanks Brian

I understand about memory. The label as shown in the ref given above is missing on my hitch. That is what started my questioning. Can you give me the thickness on the chain attachment for both the 5k and the 7.5k. This will tell me to use a ruler or micrometer to check which one I have.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
GM

If it's a 2015 it would be a 7500.

Tags
hitch, sunseeker