Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #1

Sunseeker Interior Mods

What have you done? I've done the vent colors and I'm replacing the shower in the spring with the Oxygenics, and a handle on the screen door, but I haven't thought of anything else. So what have you done?
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #2

Can you tell I'm very ready for spring?? Camping is all I can think of!
Previously:
Old 01-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #3

What kind of handle are you putting on the screen door and where are you placing it? What is Oxygenics?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #4

Screen Door Cross Bar - Black Handle - Camco 42183 - Screen Doors - Camping World

BodySpa RV Shower Kit - White - Oxygenics 26781 - Shower - Camping World
Previously:
Old 01-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #5

We made lots more room in the bathroom. Cut down the depth of the cabinets and installed a narrow IKEA sink. Then we were able to dress in the bathroom.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #6

Oxygenics.. Oh ya. Really changes the shower, wish we had tankless HW in the coach like the house..
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #7

2012 3120

Installed satellite radio.

Replaced front console with narrower Econoline unit.

Put couch that restricts passenger seat movement on a slide mechanism so DW can fully push back and recline the passenger seat while traveling.

Added power selector switch so cab radio can be powered from chassis or coach batteries.

Added remote controls for radio.

Added electric trailer brake control.

Added MPG meter.

Changed out cheap plastic ceiling and dinette lights with higher quality fixtures.

Relocated Bedroom TV so it doesn't stick out into walkway at base of bed when stowed.

Added external monitor of refrigerator internal temperature.

Added wall clock above doorway.

Added inside/outside digital temperature indicator.

Added 3 way ceiling light switches at entrance stairwell so I don't have to go to main panel to turn on the lights.

Some outside stuff:

Added Billet chrome front grill.

Moved black water flush inlet from the curb side to the street side and added roll out connector hose and valving.

Added gray water tank flusher.

Added pressure fill line and valve so the fresh water tank can be filled from the city water supply instead of having to use the gravity fill port.

Added Econoline jack equipment for changing a tire.

Added Econoline spare tire winch so removing the spare isn't such of a PIA.

Added original Econoline V10 emblems and some other decals.

Added "Forest River" upper windshield graphics.

Added roof vent covers.

Added cross bracing to rear stabilizer jacks to prevent frame damage if using jacks on uneven ground.

Some of these changes have been incorporated by FR into the later models.

All I can think of now.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:12 PM   #8

Sunseeker Interior Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabarbob View Post
We made lots more room in the bathroom. Cut down the depth of the cabinets and installed a narrow IKEA sink. Then we were able to dress in the bathroom.

By any chance do you have more info and any pictures? This is something I am considering.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:29 PM   #9

I made slip covers in a tooled leather fabric for the dinette back cushions and recovered the valences throughout our 2014 3170ds. Also put up black metal backsplash behind and beside stove, and put magnetic knife holder on side along with wood cutting board stove topper. Put hammered bronze backsplash behind sink and put horse themed borders above it, and also in bathroom at above sink level. Made numerous pillow shams in tooled fabric for couches and bedroom. Bought small fireplace-type heater for mid-unit bunk area below tv(near bathroom). Mostly decorative stuff, but fun!
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #10

We haven't done too many modifications on the inside, but the best thing we did was replace the kitchen faucet with a house grade one. We have the 3170 and found the original faucet didn't come far enough into the sink. The new one does, and has the also can be taken out of the socket to be used as a sprayer. We also replaced the shower head, put extra mirrors up and switched the 24" TV up front with a 32." Ours is a 2013, and I believe the new ones come with the 32."
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #11

JRWALKERPA1 - I think I do - send me your email and I will send you what I have.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
What have you done? I've done the vent colors and I'm replacing the shower in the spring with the Oxygenics, and a handle on the screen door, but I haven't thought of anything else. So what have you done?
Hockeytownmom- if you haven't already purchased your Oxygenics yet, check for winter sales at your RV dealer, I picked up a chrome version at my local RV dealer for only $2.90 more than link you place here ( was instock so didn't have to ship) and I live in Canada ( always higher prices here)
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian217 View Post
We haven't done too many modifications on the inside, but the best thing we did was replace the kitchen faucet with a house grade one. We have the 3170 and found the original faucet didn't come far enough into the sink. "
DW said the same thing on our 2012. If you swap ends and reverse the faucet pipe it is a little lower but it reaches further into the sink. I just think some were installed incorrectly.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
2012 3120]

Added Econoline jack equipment for changing a tire.
Might want to ensure that the jack will really raise the rear of your unit before really needing it. If it's some kind of scissor jack, probably will collapse with the weight of the rear axle.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #15

Thanks. That screen door handle looks like a good set-up.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Might want to ensure that the jack will really raise the rear of your unit before really needing it. If it's some kind of scissor jack, probably will collapse with the weight of the rear axle.

It's a Ford part designed for the E450 and the jack, wrench, long handle and instruction sheet all have Ford part numbers. It's not a scissors jack. The jacking instruction sheet shows where to place it on the rear duals and front axle. There are a lot of them for sale on line called "new takeouts". Since some of the sellers are located in Elkhart I always thought they came from RV manufacturers who didn't want owners changing their own tires. However FR says they don't come with the chassis they use so I assume they come from box truck conversions. They come with different lug wrench sizes and make sure if you get one that it is for the big lugs (I think 1") used on the E450. The jack handle also fits the standard Econoline spare tire winch and reaches past the rear bumper so you can crank the spare up and down as needed without crawling under.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Hockeytownmom- if you haven't already purchased your Oxygenics yet, check for winter sales at your RV dealer, I picked up a chrome version at my local RV dealer for only $2.90 more than link you place here ( was instock so didn't have to ship) and I live in Canada ( always higher prices here)
I've had one for a couple years now that we couldn't use in our Roo because of the shower curtain/wet floor issue.
Previously:
Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #18

ATVer do you have a thread on the 3 way switch? I hate having to walk in the dark and try and find the light switch on the panel.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
It's a Ford part designed for the E450 and the jack, wrench, long handle and instruction sheet all have Ford part numbers. It's not a scissors jack. The jacking instruction sheet shows where to place it on the rear duals and front axle. There are a lot of them for sale on line called "new takeouts". Since some of the sellers are located in Elkhart I always thought they came from RV manufacturers who didn't want owners changing their own tires. However FR says they don't come with the chassis they use so I assume they come from box truck conversions. They come with different lug wrench sizes and make sure if you get one that it is for the big lugs (I think 1") used on the E450. The jack handle also fits the standard Econoline spare tire winch and reaches past the rear bumper so you can crank the spare up and down as needed without crawling under.
Have you actually used it to jack up one of the rear wheels?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #20
MH Noob

Very interested in this as well
Slimjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, modifications