Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
KAS

Angry Sunseeker Lower in Front

I have a Sunseeker 2250 on a GMC Express chassis. The MH is lower in the front and I almost always have to drive up onto several stacks of Lynx Levelers to make it level, which is a pain when I want to move the MH . I am wondering if it would be possible/advisable to get larger size (diameter) front tires to make up some if not all of the difference. I had a Tioga MH in the 70's and replaced all the tires with larger ones upon the advice of an automotive expert friend, which made the vehicle much more stable when driving. I did notice that the GMC Express chassis has a soft suspension and is "springy" when going over a bump, which might make the tires rub against the wheel well (or whatever it's called). Is there anybody out there who has done this?
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #2

I have GMC 4500 2300 but with bigfoot jacks the lower front end is not an issue. I would call your local 4 wheel drive shop. There are many options for increased height shocks that wilt fit a chevy/gmc 2500/3500/4500 2 wheel drive trucks like your coach. I would image the duramax crowd towing 5'vers have addressed the shocks resulting in height increase while not ness. their objective. Rancho and skyjacker come to mind. For that matter you could contact the shock manf. and then have them installed most anywhere. I would suspect there would not be much notable difference in handling. Actually factory shocks are, well, you select the word.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

Seems like all C's are lower in the front. I have two sets of levelling blocks and get it close enough depending on site, works for me. I installed a set of Koni FSD shocks in the rear and this coming week I'm having the fronts installed. A bit pricey but does improve the ride and handling. Forester 2251 same as the Sunseeker.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Shocks won't raise the front, unless there are air shocks and they fit inside spring. Good luck with that.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #5

*I was referring to something like a rancho setup. I dont work for rancho but their web site has this:

Quicklift assemblies level and lift late-model trucks and SUVs, providing an aggressive stance and allowing for the use of larger wheel and tire packages without the cost of a complete suspension system or the long installation time.

Just one harry knuckle's opinion.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #6

shocks

You've got that right Hoglou, factory shocks are##### The Koni's made a big difference in the rear and I expect they'll make a big difference the way the front rides. I don't worry about cab height, it's just the nature of the beast.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
Seems like all C's are lower in the front. I have two sets of levelling blocks and get it close enough depending on site, works for me. I installed a set of Koni FSD shocks in the rear and this coming week I'm having the fronts installed. A bit pricey but does improve the ride and handling. Forester 2251 same as the Sunseeker.
Have you checked out etrailer .com they may be less expensive. Their customer service is great will tell delivery date and tracking number
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #8

I agree that my Chevy 2300 sits lower in the front. But I put a digital level on the interior, and the slope is insignificant as far as the fridge or even personal comfort. We like it because it keeps the head of the bed up a little. I do not worry about it at all.

Tags
sunseeker