View Poll Results: Sunseeker Warranty Issues the First Year?
We have had no warranty issues the first year. 10 15.87%
We had a few minor issues that didn't require sending the MH to the dealer. 9 14.29%
We had issues and returned the unit for warranty work. 40 63.49%
We continue to have issues beyond the first year. 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #11

We took delivery of our 3170 this past March. The only problem we have had is with the generator and awning. The awning was repaired by Dometic, worked with them directly, and our Onan 4K generator. I will work with Onan directly and alignment, which I took care of out of need. FR covered it with only a receipt.

We have enjoyed our coach very much. Long trip to Florida, several weekenders, long trip planned for Virginia in October. Just got in this afternoon and it preformed wonderfully. We have never regretted the purchase and look forward to the next adventure.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #12

The 2450 is a great plan. Expect repairs, so find a solid dealer.

Now that our roof was replaced, this is my list for dealer on Fri.

1. Cabinet paneling in bathroom fell off
2. Fresh water tank fills when connected to city water/ water pump surges- water pump check valve?
3. Battery isolation switch recall? Not sure if my unit applies.
4. Water heater access panel is cracked, loose and needs to be replaced/ recaulked.
5. Light switch over dinette has 12v issues. Shuts off Tv when the switch is turned on/ off. Subwoofer pops.
6. 32" TV wall mount needs new rubber stops on rear. They are split and falling apart.
7. Microwave trim panel cracked in corner
9. Awning led lights burning out
10. Dometic awning recall-confirmed we have the recalled awning motor.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
Average Joe

Wow! Somebody had zero problems. I certainly hope we fall into this category a year from now.

Thank You Everyone for your input!

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Graduate Member

No problems here - we bought used, so that may explain.

Let me give a comparison to keep this in perspective. We just moved into a brand new house. We had "issues" with the following:

1) Thermostat kept telling us to change filters every 2 weeks (turns out the reminder default is 2 weeks, and hadn't been changed)

2) RV plug is actual a 220 welder's plug (we didn't know anything to tell the electrician, so he did his uneducated best)

3) Caulk is already cracking in some places (houses settle)

4) master bath jets kept popping out (faulty manufacturing - fixed by builder)

5) Lawn sank in areas (settling)

What you're buying is a HOUSE, built on top of a truck. So while all of us are used to - and expect - our transportation to work perfectly from the get go; a house has LOTS more systems.

Imagine if you were talking about buying a space shuttle - would you also be second guessing because previous space shuttles have not been perfect? Of course not - more complicated means more complications. But none of the complications - none of ours and none that I've ever seen on this board have changed anyone's mind about buying their camper.

FR apparently has a very good reputation (we've been an RV family for all of a year). When we decide to get another/upgrade - they'll be our first choice. Even though no one told us about the third waste water tank for the shower.

A few issues are just the cost of admission. I had lesser issues with our tent - but more fun in the camper. Just my .02.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #15

Generator frustration. One trip to dealer after we picked it up to be told it needed a new carb (80 mile round trip). Another trip once the carb came in (80 mile round trip).

Still not working correctly. Would run less than 30 sec...Dealer sent me to Cummings Atlantic (140 mile round trip). Cummings Atlantic said that Onan would not warranty work because it had the wrong carb installed. They wanted to charge me 6 hours labor for trouble shooting..I raised heck and they dropped it....Another trip to dealers (80 mile round trip). They removed a carb off a new unit and placed on my one month old.

So I'm out gas for 380 miles and two days work missed for an item that should have been working on day one....I should have refused to close the deal until they had it corrected.....I went in the hole 45.00 per hour lost work....$720.00 the gas of $117.80...

So a warranty item cost me out of pocket $837.80

I could have bought a carb and installed myself and saved money.....

Does Forest River ever compensate a owner?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
GM

NCIC105, I think I responded over on the Facebook page....which you then mentioned going to the Attorney general.

Please don't misunderstand me...I'm not trying to skirt service. Let me put it a different way. If you had a house built and bought it with appliances. (as I did with my last house) and your furnace goes out the first week. Do you call the builder or the furnace company?

So while I totally understand your frustration. It sounds like it had an Onan problem, the dealer screwed up the repair and you seem to be mad at Forest River for that? It was an Onan issue covered under the Onan warranty program.

Just about every warranty under the sun, covers parts and labor not time lost or gas. Even auto warranties (Ford, Lexus, BMW) don't pay you for your time to take the car into the dealership to wait around for warranty repairs.

Your best course of action if you are serious is to contact the dealer that made the error in the first place. I don't know of any industry that compensates for time, work lost, fuel, pain and suffering as part of a warranty claim.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
NCIC105, I think I responded over on the Facebook page....which you then mentioned going to the Attorney general.

Please don't misunderstand me...I'm not trying to skirt service. Let me put it a different way. If you had a house built and bought it with appliances. (as I did with my last house) and your furnace goes out the first week. Do you call the builder or the furnace company?

So while I totally understand your frustration. It sounds like it had an Onan problem, the dealer screwed up the repair and you seem to be mad at Forest River for that? It was an Onan issue covered under the Onan warranty program.

Just about every warranty under the sun, covers parts and labor not time lost or gas. Even auto warranties (Ford, Lexus, BMW) don't pay you for your time to take the car into the dealership to wait around for warranty repairs.

Your best course of action if you are serious is to contact the dealer that made the error in the first place. I don't know of any industry that compensates for time, work lost, fuel, pain and suffering as part of a warranty claim.
bad choice of products when using MB, or Lexus as our MB and our Land Rover are picked up at work or house with a loaner left in its place and the Land Rover Dealer was 117 miles from my house.
In FGR defense though when my lemon of a C ( ridgeview) was unrepairable by dealer, FR did sent horizon transport to my house, picked it up, repaired it and sent it back. the unfortunate part was it was still a lemon just different problems came up after repairs. Of course FR fired the one person who helped most with my problems ( Mike Burns) so I traded it in on a Cedar Creek 36 CKTS which for the record spent more time being repaired than I actually had it in my hands. Most problems were sub-contracted parts failures and a general lack of QC. My current FR Aviator is holding up better but still has QC issues.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
GM

I need to have a discussion with my BMW dealer. They do none of that.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #19

Quote:
slackers!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #20

Quote:

you must be doing well

Tags
sunseeker