View Poll Results: Sunseeker Warranty Issues the First Year?
We have had no warranty issues the first year. 10 15.87%
We had a few minor issues that didn't require sending the MH to the dealer. 9 14.29%
We had issues and returned the unit for warranty work. 40 63.49%
We continue to have issues beyond the first year. 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
My gutters drain perfectly in the door storage pockets. I learned quick not to put anything in the doors. I'm not thinking the extensions would help much.
I totally agree with you. I learned to leave the drivers window closed. More of a pain than anything.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #52

I have the old cap / roof / gutter design. That's not great either. It drips right onto the mirror arm, it hits there, it splashes off, half of it ends up spraying into the cab. If memory serves me correct, if I open the door just enough to the right spot, it drips into one of the map pockets too. Not 100% but fairly certain.

But in the end let's remember we are camping and it is raining. Car doors get wet too when you open them in the rain.

'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #53
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
But in the end let's remember we are camping and it is raining. Car doors get wet too when you open them in the rain.
Yes, but not the stream that flows from the gutter!

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #54

We have a 2013 3170 and we have the same situation. We just go out the coach door. We I need to exit, I do not worry about the door getting wet. After all it is a work chassis. The inner door is not water tight even when closed. There are slots in the bottom of the door to let water out.
When raining, I keep a towel handy for quick wipe down, and open, exit very quickly. I do not worry about the inner door electrics.
I Love the looks of my Sunseeker and do not want to add something to detract from the looks.
IMO I do not see what FR could have done short of some sort of internal roof gutter system..
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #55

We just bought our second Sunseeker, moving from a 2011 2300 Chevy to a 2014 2500TS Chevy. Wouldn't have done that unless we were pleased with the first one. Lots of choices out there, and Sunseeker does more things the way we like vrs others- more cabinets, fewer steps to enter the unit, the 6 speed Chevy 6 ltr is a big winner- 20%+ better mileage than the Fords, drawers under the dinette, and much more...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by THarlow View Post
We just bought our second Sunseeker, moving from a 2011 2300 Chevy to a 2014 2500TS Chevy. Wouldn't have done that unless we were pleased with the first one. Lots of choices out there, and Sunseeker does more things the way we like vrs others- more cabinets, fewer steps to enter the unit, the 6 speed Chevy 6 ltr is a big winner- 20%+ better mileage than the Fords, drawers under the dinette, and much more...

Nice post, as I am planding our 1st purchase of a sunseeker and need to determine. Ford or chevy only for the leg room in the front of the chevy, would like to access the coach from the passenger seat with the swivel option wd is disabled. Weather is keeping us from crawling around hmm to make the final choice. Your input would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #57

I think the swivel option for front seats is only available on the Ford chasse. Ford tows more, but the 2300 and 2500 are small enough to drive anywhere and a tow isn't needed (by us).
Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #58

We are on our first trip with the 2500ts on the ford chassis. We ordered the swivel seats not really knowing if we would use them and once we figured out how to swivel them we love them. Very comfortable and if you have more than two people inside it makes it great to not have to all cram into the U shaped dinette. They are not super easy to swivel and I don't think it would be practical to swivel the passenger seat while driving - it would be a lot easier to just lift the arm rest if you were going into the cabin.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #59
Average Joe

Being handicapped myself, the swivel seats don't help me access the back from the driver's seat. It's very difficult for me without turning the seat, but barely doable. I prefer to use the side door.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by THarlow View Post
I think the swivel option for front seats is only available on the Ford chasse. Ford tows more, but the 2300 and 2500 are small enough to drive anywhere and a tow isn't needed (by us).

I added a swivel base to the passenger seat on our 2012 2300 Chevy. As others said, it gives more seating options besides U dinette. (Driver seat would swivel into the back of the dinette on 2300 so I didn't bother with it.) Found the source for swivel base on this forum. Easy to install. Added less than an inch to height of seat.

Tags
sunseeker