Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
3170 model has the same problem. Further, when the back slide is in, you can't easily get into the bathroom. Well, I can, I'm small, but I have to SQUEEEEEZE to get in. How about the folks with the bunk bed model, can your kids get into the bathroom?
We have the Forester version of the 3170 with the bunk. With the slide in, we can get into the bathroom but you have to pass it up first then open the door to enter. If the bottom couch is made into the bed it would be very tight squeeze. Fortunately we don't need bed function until we are parked and the slide-out is extended. We really like the floor plan although we don't use the top bunk much. When our son has friends it's easy enough to use the over cab bunk or the sofa. No matter what, there are plenty of sleeping arrangements.
We don't mind giving up some of the kitchen with the slide-out pulled in. It's not that much that we door in the kitchen while on the road, although the slide does block the drawers where we keep utensils but we keep spare supply in the overhead cabinet.
A couple cons I find is the tight walk-around in the bedroom (back wall). It's not too bad considering that we have a very roomy bathroom, I rather the space taken in the bedroom to have what has been given in the bathroom. You can only give and take on a 31 foot floor plan and the space around the bed is hardly necessary.
I also wish the window at the bed head end (window on the side wall) was a little higher. Our pillows are right on the window and shades. I know it is an emergency exit window and it had to comply with egress needs its just I'm use to having pillows backup onto a headboard.
The pros:
Love the huge rear window in the bedroom. We have been to several campgrounds with great scenes at the back of the RV but our bedroom was always at the nose. Hope to visit these places again with our new found view.
Also love the LED lighting through-out the interior. A nice color and no HEAT. We also enjoy the dimming LED over the bed. Perfect for reading without being blinded.
We like the hamper concept in the bathroom but it is a little difficult to get the partially full bag out with the canti-levered door and the toilet in the path. I worry too that the laundry might push/pull on the plumbing near the wall in that same space. I might add some blocking.
The wardrobe is big, tons for hanging but I personally would have liked either shelves in the tall wardrobes or another row of drawers near the bottom. A personal preference.

Other than that, we just love our unit and wish were using it more. That will come.

Bobby

Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post

But I LOVE the 3170 with the COMPUTER DESK! And because I got the computer desk option, I get some extra closet space and a few more drawers than what the bunk bed model gets, NANNER NANNER NANNER!
Ah, nanner nanner nanner yourself - we have an entire top bunk to fill and it seems to be the mission my wife tries to accomplish (she loves outlet shopping on our trips).
I've seen photos of the desk option, I would probably modify it a bit if we went with that. I did see the extra wardrobe space which can be nice but also seems weird, less beds (less people) but more interior closet space. No matter, when kids come with us they pack everything in duffle bags and keep them in their bed area so the extra closet would not likely get used for clothing.

Bobby

Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #33
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
We like the hamper concept in the bathroom but it is a little difficult to get the partially full bag out with the canti-levered door and the toilet in the path. I worry too that the laundry might push/pull on the plumbing near the wall in that same space. I might add some blocking.
I found the same annoyance. I quit using the space as a "hamper" and I just use it for storage. I store the clothes bag in the bathtub. I have to take it out and put it somewhere when I need to use the bathtub, but I'll live with it.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #34

We started with a used 2005 a couple of years ago. At that time we were traveling with 5 dogs and a bird. We bought a 2013 3070DS, what a difference. More storage space, the ride and handling on the road is terrific. We now travel with 7 dogs, making the bunk space ideal. The bath tub isn't very useful for " a bath" however it is ideal for washing the dogs. The side shelf in kitchen is designed much better to get it to go upright then store away. We are enjoying the whole experience on the road instead of hoping to get to the destination to park it. My only "dislike" and it's a small dislike is the funky upholstery patterns, kind of hard to add touches and match them.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
Love My Sunseeker

Yeppers, the upholstery patterns....... When I picked, it was like..... "What do I hate the least....."

I'm not a "patterns" person. I would prefer the window valances to be a plain, but contrasting (contrasting to the color of the shade) in a pleasing way. Fortunately, the couch and dinette seat cushions are in a very neutral beige.... but I could do without the "patterns" on the dinette back cushions, the window valance, and the computer desk chair...... Yich!

Hey Forest River, can you offer a "plain yet contrasting" option on the upholstery? These "patterns" just SCREAM OUT, "THIS IS AN RV....."

Old 10-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #36
GM

Trust me...it used to be "pattern-pattern-pattern". Several years back I begged for solid sofa's. Which we did. Then a couple of years later we did solid on the dinette seat.

The key was to match residential. Most houses have solid sofa, solid love seat with a patterned/accent chair. Maybe a patterned valance or curtain. Which is sort of what we have settled on. The dinette seat was inspired by restaurants. Ultra leather seat (easy to clean) with a fabric back (still breaths) adds some color.

It's just tough to please everyone. I still get people that say it is too bland, not enough color. So we try and strike the right balance. They're zip on covers, so easy enough to re-upholster.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #37
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Trust me...it used to be "pattern-pattern-pattern". Several years back I begged for solid sofa's. Which we did. Then a couple of years later we did solid on the dinette seat.
Then THANK YOU THANK YOU for the begging you did. I love the neutral one color sofa and neutral one color (same color) dinette seats, got a lot of compliments on them. I could tolerate the "patterns" on the computer chair if it weren't also on the window valances. Or vice versa.

Tags
sunseeker