Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #21

Slide out motors may have been reversed at factory

When we first got out Sunseeker, we had the same problem with the bottom sticking out what seemed like too far. We would also get a fault code when retracting. When we took it in for service the technicians found that the motors were wired backwards so to speak.

It seems as though whoever installed motors 1 and 2, drivers side rear and front (yes the front motor drivers side is the number 2 motor) had installed the number 1 motor and wiring harness in the front and the number 2 motor and wiring harness in the rear.

So what did the installers do when the slide out motors ran backwards when they pushed the slide-out control button? Instead of making sure that the number 2 harness went to the front, they just reversed the wiring on the connectors to make the motors move in the correct direction so the button would work properly. The controller needs to have the motors located per the instructions or it messes with the controller sequencing.

If your a DIYer, trace the number 2 motor wire from the controller (located in the driver side lower outside compartment over the wheel well) and make sure it goes to the driver side front motor (right behind the drivers seat).
If it goes to the rear motor instead, the motors were wired backwards and you have a controller sequencing problem.

Need manuals on the Swintek/Power Gear slide out?
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...3010002813.pdf
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...g-82-s0533.pdf

There are two more pieces of documentation that tell you how to test the motor encoders but unless you're real good trouble shooting steer clear of them. If you're good at and find these necessary, do a search for them. The documentation numbers can be found on the above two items.

Once this mess had been straightened out and the controller re-calibrated the slide closed in to an acceptable position. Although the gap top to bottom on the slide is not the same in the front, the slide does pull in far enough to provide a good seal.

When it is fully extended there are a few spots where you can see light coming in at the bottom of the slide BUT that is a weather stripping issue and I still haven't quite figured out how to correct it to my satisfaction.

As far as trying to make the front gap even when closed, it is my understanding that the factory is not sure whether they can. The cause could any of a number of issues. It could be that the aluminum framing for the slide-out was not quite squared when welded together, or when the sheeting was applied. It could also be that the drive rails are not installed absolutely perpendicular to the outside edge of the slide out or the gearing is one tooth off, or a number of other manufacturing issues.

If your slide-out performs smoothly without any binds, closes to provide a good seal, but still has a gap difference top to bottom, DON'T MESS WITH IT for you may end up causing even more problems trying to make it look real nice.

Hope this is of some help, Sherman and Murelene
Sunseeker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #22
2016 GTS Sunseeker 2430S

Fritzg2: Did you go to Goshen and was your slideout issue resolved? Just wondering....
Gizmosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #23

Yes we just returned on MOnday and it was an awesome experience..The team from Sunseeker/Forester were incredible and did much more for us then we could have imagined. As for slide the head tech fixed the gaps in corners letting air and light in and showed us how to set the slide for all in and all out which took care of the problem of more away at bottom then top of RV. Already planning on return next August.
fritzg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #24
2016 GTS Sunseeker 2430S

Glad your problems were fixed!

Is there anything special that you can easily explain to the rest of us for slide operation? We don't have any issues but hope we are sliding in and out correctly.

Happy Travels
Gizmosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #25

Ok I will try. Whether you going in or out once the slide stops if you hit the switch to engage the motor quickly in opposite direction and then go in original direction of travel and when motor stops you listen for two clicks then release switch. that tells the slide you all the way in or out. This operation seems to have fixed the issue of the top being in closer to unit then bottom. Now appears to be same all way down. As for spaces in corner tech added some rubber to fill. Hope this helps
fritzg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:02 AM   #26
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzg2 View Post
Ok I will try. Whether you going in or out once the slide stops if you hit the switch to engage the motor quickly in opposite direction and then go in original direction of travel and when motor stops you listen for two clicks then release switch. that tells the slide you all the way in or out. This operation seems to have fixed the issue of the top being in closer to unit then bottom. Now appears to be same all way down. As for spaces in corner tech added some rubber to fill. Hope this helps

I'm waaay too scared to try this at home!! The bottom of our slide sticks out a little and I find myself terribly resentful I didn't notice that before we bought it. Certainly can't see light through it but I see Winnebagos and their slides are always very flush to the side of the body.
It makes me nervous that the slide will just shoot out floor first one day and I don't even know if that's possible.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #27

Slide not closing flush, and leaking

Were you able to find any more out on your slide not sealing flush to the coach, I have a 2017 32 foot 3050S with the same issue, dealer tested it and they say it does not leak, trust me it leaks.
ROADEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, sunseeker