Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Sunseeker versus Forester

I have owned four Sunseekers:

2860 - Loved this because of the Bedroom TV and cabinets around it. And two gray tanks was nice, but in reality, you didn't get "more." Both tanks were half the size of a regular gray tank so it was two tanks with the same capacity as ONE tank. In this one, the toilet and Shower are separated which is nice. But the Shower, you had to take a GIANT STEP UP to get in, which bothered me.

3120 - I have owned two of these. I LOVED the "Hallway" it gave great separation between living area and bedroom area. Plus the bathroom was HUGE and the shower was generous and had a seat in it. I felt this model was best suited for a solo. I think Forest River discontinued this model.

3170 - I have the model with the computer desk. LOVE IT! Bathroom is smaller BUT.... it has a small bathTUB, which I like. You can use the small bathtub for handwashing clothes if you need. Mine does not have an outdoor TV, but I noticed in newer models there is one. I'd rather have the storage. Plus, with THREE TV's already, how pretentious can you get about TV's?

Ok, I know Forester models are just like the Sunseeker models. But if I wanted to trade again, any reason I should consider Forester over Sunseeker? I love the Sunseekers!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
Wait till next year...

If I could have afforded Forester would have gone for it over Sunseeker just for the fiberglass running boards and exterior half paint Dealer wanted $6-8000 more and RVW was too far
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #3

Sunseeker versus Forester

There are really only a few things on a forester that are not available as options on the sunseeker. In our model year it was just things like a cedar lined closet, exterior rear side scare light and flush mount led lights, all of which I can add if I ever want to.... Other than that it was just minor differences in colors, fabrics etc. with those few exceptions a sunseeker with many options is pretty much a forester.

We ended up getting a sunseeker with every option (including full body paint and fiberglass running boards) with the exception of a few things that didn't interest us like satellite dome and exterior TV. We also skipped the bedroom TV since we rarely watch tv other than the occasional rainy day dvd

Depending on the dealer a loaded sunseeker can be about the same price as a forester. So, we shopped around and were open to either line dependent on the price offer. . The sunseeker came in as the winner this time.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #4

We ordered our Sunseeker. Nothing was standard on the Forester that we wanted that we couldn't order as an option on the Sunseeker. We got everything we wanted and didn't have to pay for stuff we weren't interested in. For example, we've been in the deep south and in west Texas in hot weather and I'm glad we have a mostly white exterior.

Just look carefully at the brochures for both and decide which is better for you.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Ok, I know Forester models are just like the Sunseeker models. But if I wanted to trade again, any reason I should consider Forester over Sunseeker? I love the Sunseekers!
Yes, the dealer you chose may only offer one of the brands. In our case the dealer I wanted to use sells Sunseeker. For the minimal difference between brands we took the Sunseeker to have a dealer that offers great warranty service and accessory support. If they sold Forester, or Solera, instead of Sunseeker we'd be in that brand....
Old 12-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #6

They are almost the same except little more high end on the Forester built at the same place on same chassis. Once you are in it for a week you will not think about the minor differences except the 5 to 10 thousand dollar difference in your bank account
Old 12-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #7
Love My Sunseeker

Wow, looks like the Sunseeker is the winner here!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #8

It really is just a choice of features, both are great campers. I got my Forester for a great price, within a few hundred of a Sunseeker.

Also seems like the list of differences is getting smaller.

Pick the one you like and get campin!

Forester 2451s
Old 12-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #9

I would of went with either unit. As luck would have it I found a forester for the same price as I could find the sunseeker with the options I wanted. I'm a happy camper.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #10

We love our 3100SS SunSeeker. This was what we found with the equipment we wanted. Now after lots of mods, suits us just right!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
I would of went with either unit. As luck would have it I found a forester for the same price as I could find the sunseeker with the options I wanted. I'm a happy camper.
Exact same thing here. Just fell into the right deal.
17Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, sunseeker