Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #1

Sunseeker versus Jayco Greyhawk

I have just started to do some research for my next RV. I am looking at a new motorhome in both the 'A' class and 'C' class. I had an opportunity last evening to do a side by side comparison of the FR Sunseeker 3010DS and Jayco Greyhawk 31FK. I prefer the Jayco floorplan. A quick glance also showed that the cabinetry in the Jayco was superior with a better overall decor including wood grain finishing in the cab. I also prefer the front cap of the Jayco. It completely wrapped the front end of the MH, whereas the Sunseeker did partially. As a disclaimer, the Jayco was about $5000 more than the Sunseeker. Both units appeared comparable in features.
My question would be to any other members who may have done similar research and can you share your thoughts.

Thanks

Terry (Brown Truck)
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Commercial Member

This post...
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...use-22365.html
Compares the (2) units on another floor plan. You can get woodgrain dash on a Sunseeker... the difference is that the Sunseeker is NOT stickers. We send the dash out to have it epoxied/powder coated, I'm not even sure what they call the process for plastic. Jayco uses a stick on vinyl dash that in our experience starts to pull away in the heat although I haven't looked at one lately.

We actually set out to copy the 31FK and then realized that there was no kitchen counter space...so it morphed into the 3010. We knew the first thing we would hear was "there's not counter space, why can't you have more counter space like a Class A". But, to each is own.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #3

Bclemens: thanks for the feedback. My research has just begun and very low on details at this point but as things progress, I may ask you more questions. The jayco floor plan is available on other manufacturers as well so I assume it works well for some people. DW did like the kitchen but we didnt have much time to give it a close look. I didn't notice that it was stick on wood grain. Thanks for that info. Thanks again.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #4

We just bought a Sunseeker. Three things won us over. Fiberglass roof, Azdel walls, & the price / value relationship.

We also priced out a Winnebago. Again, fiberglass roof. Also great reputation for owner support on the net. But wood walls. And the price difference was larger than we wanted given that we are generally weekend state park campers.

We honestly didn't even look at a Jayco. A rubber roof & wood walls just wasn't something that we wanted. I have heard on the net that their finishing work is good (&, just this weekend on our unit, my wife pointed out a couple things that she thought weren't finished well). But we put roof & wall construction ahead of the finishing work.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote