Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 01:57 PM   #1

Sunseeker vrs Forester

Trying to decide between a 2015 3011 Forester and Sunseeker 3010. Wondering if anyone can give me some clues as to the major differences between these two models? Pricing is obviously better on the Sunseker and I know about the ceiling differences. Is build quality the same? Getting excited to retire and hit the road!!!
smarks1632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #2

They both come down the same assy line when being built, same people building them.
them. Very similar units, Forester has the solid surface counter tops, the fabric roof and fiberglass running boards, Thats about the only differences. We opted for the Sunseeker as we did not want the fabric roof liner,
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #3

I did the same thing last year. I ended up buying the Sunseeker as most of the differences weren't important to me. As I recall, some of the differences on the Forester included: Hidden instead of exposed cabinet hinges; Flush mount ceiling lights; Cedar lined wardrobe; Exterior light above the elec. and plumbing hookups; Upgraded countertops; Serta mattress; Partial paint.

I was able to add the countertops and mattress as options on my unit and I also got full body paint. If I remember correctly, there was a 2k price difference between the two the way I had them optioned.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Forester upgrades attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Forester Upgrades 2015.pdf (418.6 KB, 165 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Forester upgrades attached.
I notice on the Forester upgrade list that Solid Surface Galley countertops are standard. My question is are they not also standard on the Sunseeker? Do you have any Sunseeker upgrade list available?
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #6

Thanks BClemens!! I understand that the Sunseeker roof is fiberglass and the Forester is a rubber membrane. Any thoughts on pros/cons on the differences? Our use will be full time and we hope to stay away from rv parks and find more isolated locations. Thanks!!
smarks1632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarks1632 View Post
Thanks BClemens!! I understand that the Sunseeker roof is fiberglass and the Forester is a rubber membrane. Any thoughts on pros/cons on the differences? Our use will be full time and we hope to stay away from rv parks and find more isolated locations. Thanks!!
I thought they both had fiberglass roofs but if not I would definitely go with the Sunseeker and fiberglass roof. Rubber roofs are old technology and maint headaches IMO.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarks1632 View Post
How did you come to understand this? They are both fiberglass.

The list I posted was what the Forester has above and beyond the Sunseeker. I'm not sure what up you mean by a Sunseeker upgrade list. That would be the standards and options listed in the brochure.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
They both come down the same assy line when being built, same people building them.
them. Very similar units, Forester has the solid surface counter tops, the fabric roof and fiberglass running boards, Thats about the only differences. We opted for the Sunseeker as we did not want the fabric roof liner,
We don't do a fabric roof liner.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #10

Both have fiberglass roofs forester had upgraded lights padded ceiling cedar lined closet I think Corian counters my Sunseeker has all the options that were available except full or partial paint I beat the price by over 14000 I also have the newer counters not Corian but are a solid surface not glued Formica padded ceilings I would have got if I could helps to hold temps better and helps quieten the ride if it would have been close I would have gone with the forester

Tags
forester, sunseeker