Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 07:55 PM   #1

Sunseeker vs Forester

So I have been looking at a Sunseeker 3010 and I am about ready to pull the trigger and buy a 2017 model for the family. But my dealer called yesterday and said he just got in a 2017 Forest River 3011 which is the same floor plan with the colors my wife wanted. The Sunseeker interior colors were not what my wife really wanted.

So the Forest River is $4,000 more dollars, all options the same. I asked the dealer why the price difference and I was told that it was because the Forest River was a step up from the Sunseeker .... Is this true? And is it worth the cost?

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #2

The differences between the Sunseeker and Forester have been discussed in several threads in this forum. Do a search to find them.

You can download the brochures for both from the Forest River website and compare the features. Many, but not all, of the features that are standard on the Forester are optional on the Sunseeker. We ordered a Sunseeker with the Forester features we wanted and didn’t have to pay for the ones we didn't want. It's your decision whether or not the cost difference is worth it to you.

Mechanically and structurally they are identical, and they are built on the same assembly line, so the build quality should be the same. Of course, build quality can vary from unit to unit.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The differences between the Sunseeker and Forester have been discussed in several threads in this forum. Do a search to find them.

You can download the brochures for both from the Forest River website and compare the features. Many, but not all, of the features that are standard on the Forester are optional on the Sunseeker. We ordered a Sunseeker with the Forester features we wanted and didn’t have to pay for the ones we didn't want. It's your decision whether or not the cost difference is worth it to you.

Mechanically and structurally they are identical, and they are built on the same assembly line, so the build quality should be the same. Of course, build quality can vary from unit to unit.
Good advice.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #4

It is a personal choice and it is true you can get most options on the Sunseeker. I went with the Forester as the colors and few options I couldn't get on Sunseeker were what I wanted. The vinyl ceiling and glass led lights being two of those options. Both as stated in above post are built on same assembly line and identical in structure.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #5
Sunseeker 2400MBW

If the other one has the colors and options you want, get it. $4000 is a drop in the bucket for as much as these things cost and all the hidden costs: real sewer hose, hoses, electrical cords, sunscreens, new fans with covers, the list is nearly endless, etc.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #6

Great advise .... thanks everyone.

Prior Campers
1996 Coleman Sun Valley (1995 - 2002)
2017 Forester 3011 DS (2016 - Present)
SharpPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #7
USAF Retired

Be aware that our Vinyl ceiling is now turning loose at the seams.
Peppercatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #8

This may get doubled as wifi went down just as i posted previously. That said, I would have to ask, "which one feels like home"? My wife and I were in and out of countless models, bumper-pull to Class A before deciding that the PT Crusader 321 RES felt like home, and we have enjoyed it every day since we bought it last fall. Good luck.

Tags
forest river, sunseeker