Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #1

Sunseeker vs. Forester

Hi all,
I'm throwing this out to see your opinions. We are in the market for a GTS 2800/2801 with all the options excluding the oven. I can pick up a forester for only about $1000 more than the Sunseeker. I love the Forester and so does the DW. Here is the Dilema. DW doesn't like the colors on the Forester. She wants Bordeaux exterior and the Java interior. Is the Forester's extra upscale appearance worth sacrificing over the colors. I'm at a loss. I go back and forth depending on what day it is. Would love to hear what you all think.
P.S. I don't know if it makes a difference but the Sunseeker dealer is about a 3 hour drive and the Forester dealer is about 9 hours.
Lou
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #2

Is the Forester dealer RVW in Ohio? The easiest way to make a comparison it to do a Google search "RVW Sunseeker VS Forester" and the do a comparison and say they sell the Forester for less than competitors sell Sunseekers. If it isn't RVW you may want to give them a call. I see nothing but good reviews about their customer service. BTW the owners of RVW monitor this forum so if anyone has a problem they jump on it.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:13 AM   #3

That's a tough one. I would definitely say the Forester upgrades are nice and worth a little extra but not a dealbreaker if the color is more important to you.

We got the best of both worlds because we liked the colors on the Forester plus we got the upgrades like the glass LED lights that we feel give it a slightly higher end look and the solid surface countertop is nice. We also preferred the tile looking backsplash as opposed to the metallic backsplash.

There is an exterior driver side light that I don't think the Sunseeker has and the Forester is setup for winterizing with a hose to take in antifreeze where I believe the Sunseeker does not have that.

There are a few other things like the bedroom reading lights, the padded soft-touch ceiling and the cabinet over the entry door that the Forester had as upgrades when we purchased in March. Some of them may no longer be exclusive to Forester, I'm not sure but these are the things that lead us to pick the Forester over the Sunseeker.

You'll have to decide what is most important to you, color or the Forester upgrades. I don't know what I would have done if we didn't like the color of the Forester. I completely understand why you are going back and forth with your decision.

You could try contacting Forest River and see if they would be willing to build you a Forester with the Sunseeker colors. It couldn't hurt to ask.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #4

The new Sunseekers have the cabinet over the door and the slide out pantry and the tile looking backsplash.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
Love My Sunseeker

I have had only Sunseekers, but have wanted to give the Foresters a try.... I'm pleased with Sunseekers, though.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #6

I'd go with the Sunseeker. The first time you need any dealer service or warranty work, the 18 hour round trip drive will get old and costly pretty fast. Except for something like the padded ceiling, you could add other upgrades with the money you save. That being said, have you asked if you could special order to get the Sunseeker colors on a Forester? They are both made at the same factory in the same production line so I don't think it would be hard to do.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #7

I haven't asked if they could switch the colors but I'm certainly going to. I didn't even think they would entertain the idea but its worth a shot.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
I haven't asked if they could switch the colors but I'm certainly going to. I didn't even think they would entertain the idea but its worth a shot.
I would really like to hear their answer too. It seems that the interior color choices are very limited and very similar to each other. A wider choice of colors would be nice.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, sunseeker