Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #1

Sunseeker with partial power

I have a 2015 Sunseeker 2500TS with partial power ( From Shore ). Microwave has power and the rest of the coach is dead. Any help would be appreciated.

Beerdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdaddy View Post
I have a 2015 Sunseeker 2500TS with partial power ( From Shore ). Microwave has power and the rest of the coach is dead. Any help would be appreciated.
I assume you have already cycled the breakers.

Does the microwave work (run at full power), or does its panel only show lights? If it shows lights but doesn't work you have a bad connection somewhere. A bad connection could carry a small amount of current like the microwave lights and panel, but not much more. You wouldn't see the problem with the coach lights because they're on 12 volts. It's possible the main breaker is bad or there's corrosion or burning on the main breaker lug or breaker contacts, or you have a problem at the shore line plug, shore line itself, or the shore line connections at the coach's breaker panel, or the automatic transfer switch if you have one. Do you have the same problem with the generator running? If things work with the generator running but not the shore line, that narrows your search.

I really don't have an obvious solution, but I'd start by unplugging the shore line, removing the breaker panel cover, and inspecting the bus. I have found (in my mother's house panel) burned and corroded lugs on the bus where the breakers plugged in. The main breaker could have failed, but it's hard to visualize how the microwave could be working but nothing else works.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #3

Thanks,
The microwave has full power. I can’t find the breakers. I’ve checked everything and it must be behind a panel that conceals it.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

Found the problem

Hello and thanks for the help.
The breakers are under the foot of the bed. Also the battery’s were completely drained and the circuit could not be completed to get shore power to work. Threw a charge on the battery and turned on the coach power and all is fine.

Again thanks for the help
Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #5
2012 Solera

If nothing else works, I would suspect you have no 12 volt DC power. On our 2012 Solera, occasionally the circuit breaker for the converter (which converts 120 volt AC to 12 volt DC to both supply the 12 volt devices in the Motorhome and to charge the 12 volt batteries) trips when I plug in to shore power. When that happens, the 12 volt devices run on my 12 volt batteries (unless the disconnect switch is turned off) but do not get charged until I reset the breaker. The microwave only requires 120 volts AC, so it works fine with no 12 volt DC available. Not much else in the Motorhome works exclusively on 120 volt AC (not certain about the air conditioner, but I think the thermostat that turns it on needs 12 Volts DC).

If your converter breaker is tripped (or your converter is not working for some other reason), AND your 12 volt disconnect switch is turned off (or you don’t have 12 volts dc for some other reason like, for instance, dead batteries) you would experience the symptoms you describe.

My circuit breakers are in a black device behind a “finger nail slot” released plastic panel. The black device is at floor level under either the refrigerator or the stove. Looks similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/WFCO-WF8955PE...%2C280&sr=8-50

FYI, Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdaddy View Post
Hello and thanks for the help.
The breakers are under the foot of the bed. Also the battery’s were completely drained and the circuit could not be completed to get shore power to work. Threw a charge on the battery and turned on the coach power and all is fine.

Again thanks for the help
I was typing when you replied - glad you found the problem.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:53 AM   #7

I had a similar problem with mine. They wire quite a few plugs together and they use this cheap slid in design. I guess its to cut time during the build of the motorhome.

The plug my fridge plugs into had 3 wires going to it that's where the fault was so I took the cheap plug out and wired a real one in and all the power in more then half my unit cam back. I suggest you pull out all the plugs and either replace them or try push or seat the wires better.