Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #11

We are two seniors in a Sunseeker 2300. The black tank is supposed to be 30 gal, and I wish it were larger. We dry camp primarily. Daily showers are not a necessity, but toilets are.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #12

We have a 2010 Sunseeker 3120, our black and gray are only 25 gal, these is what is printed on end of tank,I would love to have larger tanks but weight will be a factor,

Old 08-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #13

We have a 2012 Sunseeker 3120DS and it says 35 Gal for both gray and black but they do seem to fill up quickly. I need to check and see if they are indeed 25 gal. With 55 gal of fresh it would be nice to be able to use it.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #14

Zook,

Sorry, but it looks like they got you too. We have been trying to get Forest River to correct the problem with ours (sales brochure for our unit listed 47 gallons for the grey capacity, but when we received the unit they had changed it to 30 gals. In reality it only holds 23 gals. at best), but so far the best they are willing to do is to allow US to pay the dealer to install a second tank. Be careful when you look at the volume stamped on the end of the tank there is a listing for US gallons and Empirical gallons (30/25 in our case). You also may also find that if you do the calcs on the dimensions that it is a bit less than the stamped rating. Seems to me by all the posts here, these folks need to try camping before they make silly changes to these rigs. The last time out we got 3 days dry camping (grey over flowing into the shower) with the four of us, and that was without showers. Guess they should remove the shower since now can’t be used unless you are at a resort. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #15

Perhaps bclemens can get the answer to this:
I just found a label on the grey tank of my 2010 Sunseeker 2300. It says 430H Holding Tank.
Does anyone know what capacity that is?
The specs say it (and the black) should be 30 gal.

Between this and the other thread regarding holding tank capacities, there are suspicions that Forest River puts in lower capacity holding tanks than they list in the specs. We need to collect information regarding this, including names, phone numbers, etc. of any Forest River contacts who confirm that.
In my case, I want to know what size 430H is and if that is the same with my black tank.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #16

My question is how big of a tank will fit if they can be changed at all. And if so how hard a job is it?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #17

If Forest River deliberately understates tank sizes, I consider that fraud. I don't want a bigger tank, I want my full out-the-door purchase price refunded. They can have my motor home back.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to jk31668
went camping in a cg w/o sewer hookups with 4 adults. we tried to be conservative by using the closest bath house xcept at night. we arrived fri afternoon and left sun am. both tanks were above 3/4 full according to the panel. my feeling is that one can always dump gray water on the ground if one has to but you cant with the black tank. so, i feel one needs more black tankage. my sales brochure says 30 & 30 on my 2010 sunseeker 3100 ss. i never though to question that until now so i will go looking for the labels for more info.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #19

davegood,
I have the mechanical drawing for the 430H holding tank. This is the tank they switched to on the 2011 2860DS's. This tank is manufactured by Promens for Forest River. The manufacture rates the tank size to be 28.2 U.S Gals and 23.3 IMP Gals. The shape of the tank is such that if the vent line is inserted into the tank for proper mechanical connection, it is very possible that it can protrude into the tank, that a large percentage of the tank volume may be lost. (Triangular in shape) I think this is why my tank only holds 23 gals.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #20

Have just recently purchased a used 26ft Sunseeker LE class C and am new at this game but have a question re the control that details various levels what is it referring to when it gives you the Galley Level