Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #21
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegood View Post
If Forest River deliberately understates tank sizes, I consider that fraud. I don't want a bigger tank, I want my full out-the-door purchase price refunded. They can have my motor home back.
No one at this company deliberately overstates tank sizes. If you notice our fresh water we do not list the water heater in that number like every other mfg. It is the fresh water tank and only the fresh water tank.

Promens, the company that makes the black/gray tank, still had 30 gallons stamped on the tank that we were getting. We don't make the tank & we assumed they knew what they were talking about. Since we pointed that out to them, they have started stamping the tank the actual size of 28.2 gallons. We list the specs in good faith based on the info that we have. If you're not getting the 28.3 gallons, then that is another story.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagooncity View Post
Have just recently purchased a used 26ft Sunseeker LE class C and am new at this game but have a question re the control that details various levels what is it referring to when it gives you the Galley Level
Galley level is the level of a 3rd tank that serves the kitchen sink (maybe a bath sink too). That is normal where the design does not allow for just (2) tanks, so a 3rd is used for the front half of the coach.

In your situation you probably have...
Gray Tank: shower
Black Tank: toilet (and sometimes, but not always the bath sink so that there is enough liquid)
Galley Tank: kitchen sink

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 08-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #23

Is it possible to add bigger tanks and if so how tough a job is that?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #24
GM

Not that I am aware of. Now that our tanks are heated and enclosed, there is a roto-cast box that drops down over the frame rails. Then the tanks go above that and the floor on top of that. I don't see any way to easily get them out.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #25
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Now I'm puzzled. How can you make repairs if a fitting, or vent line goes bad? Just curious.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not that I am aware of. Now that our tanks are heated and enclosed, there is a roto-cast box that drops down over the frame rails. Then the tanks go above that and the floor on top of that. I don't see any way to easily get them out.
Thanks for the info. It is nice to have a factory rep on these threads so we can get the Correct information. We may or may not be happy with the answers but if it is Correct, well then I see it as Good information.

Would I rather have bigger tanks? You bet I would. But that's not going to keep me from enjoying my coach. I just got it back from the dealer last weekend and with the Hurricane right off the coast of Fl I can tell you I love to see my M/H parked in my drive ready to go.