Old 05-14-2015, 09:02 PM   #11

Bought my 3170 sunseeker used out of new york as a 2011 Iowa registers off the chassis model year not the motor home so mine is registered as a 2010 as that is what year the chassis is. Maybe it is a state by state thing.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #12

Arrow 2015 on a 2014 chassis!

I ordered my Sunseeker 2300 last August and received it in October. It is listed as a 2015, but the chassis is a 2014, just like others have posted.

I guess that's fairly common. We love our 2300 and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

Northern Illinois
longhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #13

I purchased a new Sunseeker 2650s in March of this year 2015. It is end of year 2014 left over. The vin shows 2013. With cars, production starts in the middle of the year at least one year prior to the model year. The model year on the title is the year of the vehicle.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #14

Mr. Clemens

I am confused with the statement that the coach has a 4X4 VIN. I have a Solera and the VIN for the chassis and coach is the same based on the MCOs (Manufacturer Certificate of Origin) from MB and Forest River. I can find no 4X4 number anywhere. Do Soleras have separate VIN?

The reason I ask is that I am currently trying to get my Missouri title updated with the Forest River Model year instead of the MB chassis year. So far I have been sent to various state and local agencies. By the way nowhere in or on the RV can I see where Forest River shows their model year. MB shows their chassis model year which causes problems when trying to get law enforcement to inspect the vehicle to determine the correct year so the DMV will update the title. By the way the chassis is a 2013 and the Solera is a 2014. The state titled as a 2013.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #15
GM

The Forest River MSO would have the model year listed on it.

The 4X4 VIN is not always readily accessible since most people register off the chassis. Some states ONLY register off the chassis...but the only one I know of like that is NM.

But it will have one. Shoot me your VIN and I can pull up a copy of the Forest River MSO and probably the 4X4 vin.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #16

I sent you my VIN via a private message.
Eric
Old 05-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #17

When I registered in Illinois, they registered under the chassis VIN but took the year from the FR certificate. They collected both pieces of paper and issued a standard motor vehicle title.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 05-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #18

Congrats on the 2300! Just washed our 2300 today. Two years in and enjoying it. Got a question just ask..
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #19

Mr. Clemens,

I just wanted to publicly thank you for addressing my question via private messages. You provide a lot of great support to the owners, I appreciate it. I hope Forest River is aware of your great effort. Your company probably sells a lot more class C RVs because of this.

Eric
Old 05-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #20
GM

No thanks needed. Just remember this moment when you see my name on America's Most Wanted and I show up at your house on the same day. (Hypothetically speaking of course), just pretend everything is normal.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker