Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
Ok... Now I am guilty of wandering from the thread topic!... Sorry

osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Originally Posted by osgood View Post
Yep... Porch light... On the control panel is the Gas Water heater. This raised my question of "Why is there not an electric option for the water heater?" Once I had my tour and found out that the electric option for the water heater is buried under a few wires inside the water heater panel. This also raises another question "Why is there not a switch for the electric water heater mode?" Whats the deal with that?

I have no problem with flipping the switch, but wonder why does it have to be so secret?
Actually - I was hoping it was the electric hot water heater switch. Looks like we will be adding one in when we pick it up. One of many mods to come.

colestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #13
I just use the switch on the heater itself, but some people turn water heater on and off at the circuit breaker inside. (And some have added a switch inside). Once I have dewinterized and filled with water, I just leave it on because we use shore power at campground. If I do need to use the generator with other large loads like AC, then I switch off.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote