Old 12-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #1

swivel seats

rvdirect now showing swivel seats for sunseekers. can get driver or passenger individually-but option is only for ford

gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #2

That would be great for units like the 2300, I often pondered how useful a swivel seat, especially on the passenger side, would have been. I've since traded to a bigger unit, the swivel seat option isn't as crucial an option as with the 2300.

KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #3

Anyone know whose product FR is installing on the 3170DS to enable swivel? I wonder if they are purchasing the cutaway chassis with the swivel seats as an option. I want to retrofit my new 3170DS with swivel seats. Prior to learning the FR had started to offer swivel seats, I was planning to purchase from here RV Furniture,Commercial Truck,Van Seats,SUV Truck Seats,Van Tops.

I have also heard folks that add swivel discuss how the chair needs to be at the proper position else the chair will not swivel because it ends up hitting the steering wheel. I wonder if FR has addressed these types of issues with this new option.
ofranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
GM

Atwood is who designed the swivel seats and had them tested. They are nothing like what has been on the market. When you pull the lever, they "slide" at a 45 degree angle to the center of the coach, allowing them to rotate without opening the door or hitting the steering wheel. They are not in full production yet...should be by end of February. Not sure if it is a bolt on application...I think we had to modify the floor slightly.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #5

Does anyone have a picture of the seats turned around? We are getting ready to order ours and aren't sure if they are worth the extra money. Do they turn all the way around to face the inside of the coach?
ourharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
GM

They will turn 180 degrees. The only issue is, on some floor plans that would put you into a sofa or dinette...so, you just have to look at the floor plan to see if it makes sense.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
They will turn 180 degrees. The only issue is, on some floor plans that would put you into a sofa or dinette...so, you just have to look at the floor plan to see if it makes sense.
Thanks for the info, we are ordering a 3010ds. With all of the extras it's hard to choose what is and isn't important.
ourharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Atwood is who designed the swivel seats and had them tested. They are nothing like what has been on the market. When you pull the lever, they "slide" at a 45 degree angle to the center of the coach, allowing them to rotate without opening the door or hitting the steering wheel. They are not in full production yet...should be by end of February. Not sure if it is a bolt on application...I think we had to modify the floor slightly.
Can you post pictures of these seats turned?
colestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
GM

as requested.

You pull a lever on the side, seats moves in at a 45 degree angle towards the center (so you can turn it around without hitting things or opening doors).

You can then face it directly back or at any point along that line. (there is no fixed locked position)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-20 11.17.21.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	24547   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-20 11.17.05.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	24548   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-20 11.16.35.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24549  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
GM

Slide was in when I took this one. Was going to move it out, but I had no room.