Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
2015 Sunseeker 2300

Swivel Seats in Chevy

I know swivel seats are not an option on the Chevy but wondering WHY? We ordered a 2015 2300 we would have ordered swivel seats if we could have..now I have to find an aftermarket person to help me install..if anyone out here has installed them please help me out thanks
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #2

I just installed a swivel on the passenger seat of my 2014, 2500TS. I purchased it from Shop4seats.com. Here is a link to it http://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/r...apter-434.html I had to move the seat inboard two inches to allow for clearance for the arm rest to be able to close the door. I used two pieces of angle iron to move the seat location inboard. If you do not move it you cannot use the swivel.
J3cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
2015 Sunseeker 2300

When you moved the seat 2 inches forward can you still slide it back to ride? Or are you saying you have to slide it forward to be able to swivel? What about the driver seat can you make that one be a swivel as well Thanks for responding i really want to find someone to help us do this wish you lived in Atlanta...Do you have a Chevy?
Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #4

The seat moves forward and aft like normal. The seat has to be moved sideways toward the driver seat by two inches and bolted down to the two angles to give it the clearance on the side. My 2500TS is a Chevy 4500. Would not want to try this on the drivers side as the seat would not line up with the steering wheel if it was moved sideways two inches.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #5

Swivel Seats in Chevy

Here is the base that I ordered:

http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvse...yseatbases.htm

You remove the seat from its base and insert this between base and seat. Four bolts are included. Raises seat about 3/4". Will operate without any further modification. Easier to swivel if you open the door, but will work without opening the door.

It is easy to install. Best with two people just to handle the weight of the seat more easily.

On the 2300 I did only the passenger seat, as the driver seat would be partially blocked by the dinette. Have had this for 2 years and love it.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 02-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingsnap View Post
I know swivel seats are not an option on the Chevy but wondering WHY? We ordered a 2015 2300 we would have ordered swivel seats if we could have..now I have to find an aftermarket person to help me install..if anyone out here has installed them please help me out thanks
We don't have it tested and approved for Chevy. In process but we're waiting on a cab to crash.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #7
2015 Sunseeker 2300

Is the seat still able to slide forward and back and swivel with this base?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingsnap View Post
Is the seat still able to slide forward and back and swivel with this base?

Yes. Same as before. The swivel goes between the factory seat base and the seat. Doesn't change the operation of the seat. You take four bolts out and remove seat. Bolt the swivel in (4 bolts are included that are proper strength for automotive application) and replace seat on top of swivel with original four bolts. It is much easier with two people, just because of the weight of the seat. The swivel release lever is between the occupants legs. I found it a little too long and cut it shorter and covered with a plastic cap (the kind that go on screws or bolts when you want to protect the end that is sticking out--a few cents at big box hardware store).

Old 04-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #9

Am very confused about comment about angle iron J3cub describes. RVBill if we buy the seat from the place you provided link for is that all we need - just those parts and muscle? We are can follow printed directions but don't want to jury rig anything. This is for our new 2501 Chevy passenger seat. Thanks!
Also wonder if the difference in needing to be moved inward 2 in is due to layout of 2300 vs 2500. Did the angle irons have to be ordered from an automotive place to be sure to be strong enough?
The links both members provided show a rise of 1 5/8 inches, but not sure if they are the same unit from different suppliers or there is a difference in fit.
suscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #10

The swivel and the four bolts that came with it are all that is needed for the 2300. Unbolt seat from its factory base. Insert swivel on the the base. Bolt the seat onto the swivel. Done.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:00 AM   #11

On our 2500TS A angle iron was required to move the seat two inches inboard to allow clearance for the cab door, without it the seat prevents the door from closing. I purchased the angle locally (1.5 X 3) and used grade 8 bolts.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #12

Swivel Seats in Chevy

I checked out the 2 links provided in previous posts. Noticed there is a different bolt pattern in the descriptions. Is the seat on the 2300 the same as the seat on the 2500? I understand the first one listed needed the angle irons to modify it doe the 2500 and move the seat inward and the second one didn't need a modification.
Do you know if I order the 2nd one if I would need to modify it for my 2501? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #13

The second one would not match my bolt pattern on my 2500. I would measure yours before you order it, it can be done with the seat installed.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #14

RVBill. The link for discount seats brings you to a selection of swivels. Did you get the 2004+ swivel plate with the 14 1/4 x 131/4 top bolt pattern or a different base for your 2300
I am reluctant to add angle irons as not crash tested. And don't mind having to open the door to swivel the seat as long as the door closes when it's not swiveled. Not sure why Jcub needs to move seat toward drivers seat if it just raises it up in place unless the 2501 is different somehow.
Thanks!
Old 06-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #15

Yes, it is the swivel for 2004+. Passenger side stock number 111611. It should fit all Chevys, regardless of what model MH is built on the chassis. It can be swiveled with the door closed, but takes several movements of the track forward and back--much easier with the door open. Note that the best direction to swivel is to move the seat back toward the center of the vehicle.

I have had this mount for 2+ years now and use it every trip. No problems--it works like it is suppose to. No additional parts or modifications are needed to install it. Remove seat from base, install swivel adapter with supplied bolts, replace seat on top of swivel with original bolts. Easier to do with two people just because the seat is heavy to get into position.

The lever to release the swivel faces forward and is between the legs of the passenger. I thought it stuck out a little too far so I shortened it and put a plastic cap over the end to protect people from getting scratched. (The kind of cap that is used on exposed bolt ends--available at big box hardware stores).