Old 09-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #41

A yellow light flashing means caution it does not mean turn and a red light flashing means stop now I why the traffic where I live is so screwed up

Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #42

For those of you who have already changed over to LEDs, have you experienced any problems with quick flashing lights or with your transmission?

I got the following from a forum member and I wanted to see what your experiences have been:

I got this from a fellow forum member and wanted to get your take on it:

Just a reminder of one odd thing a mechanic buddy made me aware if on my last RV, which was a Ford F53 chassis. Not sure if it holds true for the Chevy or not but bears checking. Don't trust my terminology 100%, but the gist of it is that the torque converter unlocks based on the current draw from the brake lights when you step on the pedal. The LED bulbs don't draw enough power to cause it to unlock, resulting in transmission damage. Simple solution is just to wire an incandescent bulb somewhere in the circuit and wrap it with electrical tape so you don't have to see the light from it. This gets the current draw you need. I'd rather cry wolf on this than see you damage your rig. Sure surprised me when I heard it. Good luck!

I posted the same on the Forester thread and Josh Cavitt responded that they haven't seen any issues and are installing LEDs on the new models. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...532#post989532

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Bridgewater, NH & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #43

Tail lights

No issues whatsoever in switching to LEDs. The replacement modules are Bargman. I don't know if it would be different if I had just put in some generic LED modules, but these replacement modules work perfectly.

So if the above is true, what would happen if a bulb burnt out or was broken in an accident. This seems very far-fetched. There are much more reliable ways thru the computer to know when the vehicle is stopping.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #44

Got mine in last week and had a chance to install them today. It took me longer to get them out of the plastic bag than it did to perform the installation. If you can turn a screwdriver and replace a bulb this is the mod for you!

The brake and turn signal lights are so much brighter. I put it in reverse (engine shut off, key turned on only) and the reverse lights are almost like headlights. Backing into camping sites after dark just got a whole lot easier. It wasn't cheap, probably about $180 to do all of it but I think the added safety to by rear end is well worth the price.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #45

Agree with TL. My 2015 Solara came standard with the leds. Water intruded into drivers side and shorted out half the bulbs. Did look like crap. Lousy install, left gap on top. Got replacement (warranty). Replaced myself, did not want to sit at dealer. Just needed to replace one unit not the entire fixture. They were hard wired in with crimp connectors. No prob, just cut and spliced with scotch connectors. Unscrewed and pryed all the other units without cutting wires and bordered with silicone to avoid this again.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #46

The aftermarket one plugs into the bulb socket. The LED portion of the light seems to be sealed with epoxy.

Driving after dark on our current trip made me a believer in the LEDs, they are unbelievably brighter than the OEM incandescents.

Tags
light