Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #1

Television removal 3010DS

Any one have any help about removing the front TV in a 3010DS. We have tried to get it to release, Pulled out on it, pushued up on it, does not seen to want to come out, can not see behind it to tell how its held, Picture attatched.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	100583  
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #2

I think we have the same mount. When I removed mine, I had to lift up while someone else pulled that release. (It would have been nice if they had run some connections for you huh? The only reason I had to take mine down is because there was literally no way to get to the hdmi ports without doing that )

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
jeffreymhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Where is a release? Have felt around back there but have not come across anything i would say is a release. Just found loose wires,
Old 02-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Well....funny (not really) story. Took it down, made my connections, put it back up. Couple weeks later it fell off the wall and cracked the screen and I had to replace it. Which ain't cheap if you're replacing it with a 12v model.

Anyway I don't have that bracket anymore because I hated it. I believe it had two very short straps hanging down (barely reachable) which released it.

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 02-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #5

Thank you, I will check for that tomorrow, This one quit working, Hoping is just came unpluged,
Old 02-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

Is yours plugged in to the 12v connector in that cabinet above the door? And mine has a small black button on it that I believe turns the power on and off on that outlet.

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 02-28-2016, 07:43 AM   #7

Television removal 3010DS

Just firmly push up from the bottom and it will lift off. It is a fixed mount with 4 bolt heads that are in keyhole slots. There is no release.....mine is a 2015 model.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:42 PM   #8

Thanks for all the help. It took alot of force to get the TV off of the mount. Thought i was going to break it, Once i got it out I found that the inline fuse holder for the TV with an 8 amp fuse in it was basically softening up and had seperated and let the fuse pull away and there was no contac for the fuse and thats why it lost power to the TV. It was a hard plastic originally and can not figure out why it did that (Turned rubbery) , It was tucked in the wall behind the TV, not exposed to anything out of the ordinary, replaced it with a new holder and now TV is working again, Now getting the TV back in the mounting bracket and getting it locked in was another pain in the butt, about 20 minutes to get it back in and locked down, found that the brackets were moving apart and this was causing the problem, I realligned them and tightened the allen bolts that secure them if finally set down in the grooves.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:50 PM   #9

I wish I had been as careful as you when I put it back up, lol.

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 03-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #10
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

I had the same problem with the fuse holder melting. I tried 2x4 blocks and pry bars, 2x4 and large hammer, then both to get the tv loose. The verticals on the aluminum mounts were not parallel and tv studs were really wedged into the V shaped slots. I have since upgraded the tv mount to the top hinge tv mount with new shelf behind as in the 2016 3010D models. The cost of the complete mount with gas struts was about 200$. Install was about 2 hrs using saber saw and drill.
Viet combat vet USNR, DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #11

My outdoor mount is vee shaped. The inside is strips with key-hole types an large head bolts that go in the key hole pcs.... I CANNOT GET IT OFF... no matter how much pulling and prying I do. I have given up 3-4 times. No HMDI connection for me... cause I can't get to it.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
television