Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #11

Thanks Jayhawk

Your honest input is appreciated. I hope to have mine by the weekend. Got it for 48000 for a 2013. Dealer is super nice. Our plans are to do long weekends and didnt want the hassle of trying to get around in a big coach. I drive truck and know what it is to be lost and no where to turn around. I am a chevy man and know the 6.0 is a very good motor. Again Thanks for you advice and input.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #12

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you. I feel you received a very good deal for you RV. If you like the 6.0 engine you will love the transmission.

I will say that Forest River has provided me with first rate service on all the questions that I have had on the little Class C. I wish I could say that about the RV dealer I had.

Just enjoy it.

Jayhawk

Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #13

WallyZ5, if you have any question where you think I can help please post a comment. As you know, it's not IF an issue comes up with an RV but When. But on your 2013 should be a very trouble free RV.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #14

You asked for some comments from 2250LE owners...here's mine. I purchased mine last fall, wanted a small unit so I can haul our bicycles and easily park at trailheads at rail trails. Also wanted an 80" bed--I'm 6'1" and my girlfriend is tall also. And, at 72 years old, I have no desire to crawl in and out of a corner bed or into an upper cab bunk. As for the bed, we both like firm mattresses and are pleased with it. I got my unit with these options (some dealer installed some factory, not sure who did what): arctic package, spare tire mounted on the back, 19" tv in the bedroom, second coach battery, outside shower, heated/remote mirrors and back up camera. The dealer messed up somewhere on the order and the unit arrived without the back up camera installed. Since the dealer I purchased the unit from is a long ways away I went to a closer dealer to get the camera installed--no cost to me. They did a good job and I'll go to them when my girlfriend retires and I want a bigger unit to head out west, probably the 3010. Hope some of this helps. If you are going to the FROG rally in Goshen, look me up!
Lou
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #15

biglou847, sounds like you have a great set-up.

My task this weekend is to start the installation of a small satellite system with low level speaker system. On your coach with the rear 19" TV is it a 12 volt and 110? Also, on the 19" TV, did the factory run the wires up and through the air-conditioner duct?

Thanks
Jayhawk
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #16

I purchased a 2013 2250 LE in May 2012 and I've had issues with it. While its a nice rv I was disappointed that the radio/DVD/cd player could be pulled out of its space bc it wasn't secured properly. That's been fixed. The water tank had a hole in it. That was replaced. That caused a leak and ruined paneling and molding in the immediate area. That's all been replaced. A wire in the power converter became loose necessitating another trip to the dealer. It's been one thing after another and spent more time at the dealer than in my driveway! I also had to have an anti sway bar applied bc the vehicle would sway when I was driving it on the interstate. Plus I didn't even know about an article package or having a spare installed. I bought a tire plan and I had a backup camera installed. Despite those issues, I've been able to camp and tow my vehicle twice without any major concerns. I'm hoping this year will be better!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

My task this weekend is to start the installation of a small satellite system with low level speaker system. On your coach with the rear 19" TV is it a 12 volt and 110? Also, on the 19" TV, did the factory run the wires up and through the air-conditioner duct?

Thanks
Jayhawk
If its a factory installed TV it would be 12v. There is normally a 110v outlet there as well. Wiring would be run in the roof, but we don't run it in the duct work...typically chases in the roof.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

Thanks
Jayhawk
Jayhawk,
The tv is 12V. The wires go into the wall and I have no idea how they are routed. Per bclemens reply, they are in the roof. Will be interested in knowing how the satellite hookup works for you. I read somewhere that you can't just plug into the cable tv for satellite, pretty much lost in the explanation of this. Keep me posted how it works.
Lou
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
I purchased a 2013 2250 LE in May 2012 and I've had issues with it. While its a nice rv I was disappointed that the radio/DVD/cd player could be pulled out of its space bc it wasn't secured properly. That's been fixed. The water tank had a hole in it. That was replaced. That caused a leak and ruined paneling and molding in the immediate area. That's all been replaced. A wire in the power converter became loose necessitating another trip to the dealer. It's been one thing after another and spent more time at the dealer than in my driveway! I also had to have an anti sway bar applied bc the vehicle would sway when I was driving it on the interstate. Plus I didn't even know about an article package or having a spare installed. I bought a tire plan and I had a backup camera installed. Despite those issues, I've been able to camp and tow my vehicle twice without any major concerns. I'm hoping this year will be better!
Hi Sparkbark,
I'm on the Chevy chassis and have had absolutely no problems with tracking or sway on the interstate. Is yours a Chevy or Ford?
Lou
Old 02-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #20

I have a Chevy chassis and I had to have a sway bar installed.