Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #1

Thanks You For The Sunseeker 2250LE

Forest River, thanks for designing a small usable motorhome. The wife and I have been looking for a small RV as there are time when our large coach is just to big take. We didn't want to compromise on utility the way one needs to with a small Class B RV. The only issue I have, is that the 2250 is a very basic model and the wife would like a few upgrades. Can Forest River or someone in the Elkhart area (I say the Elkhart area because we just love the area) perform upgrades to the 2250? If so, any recommendations? The wife would like to install a U-shaped dinette and replace the counter tops.

Jayhawk

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #2

have you tried the bed in the 2250. because it's hinged it is not a serta rv bed

i tried it and found it to be rock hard

Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Factory Rep (NW Class C)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
have you tried the bed in the 2250. because it's hinged it is not a serta rv bed

i tried it and found it to be rock hard
Unfortunately Serta can't build that mattress for us...nothing a memory foam topper wouldn't fix. I've slept on it and found it to be better than most RV mattresses. Perfect? No...but find another mfg that builds a 24' unit with a walk around queen bed.

As for modifications, you might be able to call our service department to do some work. Not sure their time frame though. I will say a U-shape does not fit in that unit (at least not our typical U-shape, which is 82". Our Booth is 68")
Please post questions in the forum so that all users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Also, I am here by personal choice, not as the official voice of Forest River
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Factory Rep (NW Class C)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Forest River, thanks for designing a small usable motorhome. The wife and I have been looking for a small RV as there are time when our large coach is just to big take.
Jayhawk
Thank you for the kind remarks. It's nice to hear sometimes that we're doing things right.

We based that model off of customer feed back. After working tons of RV shows, many customers wanted a small Class C with a Queen bed. We designed the 2300 to give them a 60x80 Queen in a 24' unit. THEN customers complained that they wanted a U-shaped dinette in that model, so we switched it to a U-shape dinette. The VERY FIRST customer that got that U-shape complained that it was bigger than the regular booth and made their storage closet smaller....they wanted the regular booth back (we had to build them a new one). So we decided to option the U-shape instead. After working several more RV shows, customers said "yeah, this is small, but I don't want a corner bed". Fast forward about 150 "I don't want a corner bed"'s later as we're sitting around the office we said "let's fix that one complaint"...thus the creation of the 2250. Of course at the very first retail show I heard a "this floor plan doesn't make any sense" and it has quickly become one of our top (3) floor plans.

To make a long story longer we've already started to look at a few upgrade possibilities, we're just always balancing that with customer/dealer desire to hold down pricing and a customer desire to add features.

PS. I was at a show in Spokane and saw a franchise where they did "granite" overlays on existing counters. Not sure what you want for counters but this was a pretty neat process.
Please post questions in the forum so that all users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Also, I am here by personal choice, not as the official voice of Forest River
Old 07-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #5

Thanks for all the comments. As for the bed that folds when the slide is in, we added a sleep number. The wife leaves the bed made up and deflates the bed. The bed does hit the wall but bends up better then one would think. It is still better then a corner bed.

Bclemens, as for the counter tops, I was think of the counter top shop in Wakarusa just south of the old Travel Supreme factory. Thoughts?
I will check in with the FR service dept.

Team, keep up the great work.

Jayhawk
Old 07-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Factory Rep (NW Class C)

Really it is just like a house. Any countertop place could probably replace those. Someplace here in Elkhart should be familiar with RV's so will be able to copy odd sizes and configurations if necessary.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #7

bclemens, that's just what the wife said about the counter tops. I'm just looking for a good reason that I can use to convince the wife that we need to take a trip to the Elkhart area. Just love the area!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
Factory Rep (NW Class C)

lol...and little ole me looking for any reason to get out of the area. I actually have the best of both worlds. I live here and travel the Northwest. So I get to enjoy big cities without have to live with that daily rush hour commute.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #9

2012-2013 2250le

Looking for feedback on the 2250 LE. We looked at alot of motorhomes and like this model. Any Pros and cons from owners would be appreciated. Also I found a 2013 for under 50,000. Is this fair pricing. The only thing I wish it had was wiring for tv in the bedroom.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #10

We bought our 2250LE the last part of Aug in 2012 and have driven a little over 11k miles to date, with a lot more planned. Now you must understand we also have a 40ft Travel Supreme (TS) and have traveled around the U.S. in the TS and have had tons of fun. However, the 2250 can go anywhere your car can go (all most). Setting up the 2250 at night take less the 5 minutes and about the same to hit the road in the morning, after coffee.

As soon as a friend of mine saw the 2250LE he went and bought a 2013. Both the 2012 and 2013 are built on 4500 Chevy Express cut-away frames. There are differences between the 2012 and 2013. I think the 2012 was the proto-type and the 2013 has included the needed improvements. I feel the 2250 is good value for the money. And if you can get a 2013 for under $50K then I think you have good value for your money.

If you buy a 2250 there are a few things you need to keep in mind. It's a $50K machine so don't expect a tiled shower and double pain windows. Things you will need to add/modify to the 2250. First get a spare tire and wheel. Try to find a wheel at your local auto salvage yard. A wheel at Chevy will cost you $280. Buy a mount at camping world and mount it on the rear bumper. Buy a second 12 volt deep-cycle battery the size and type as the in the 2250. If your bed is the (foot) fold-up type, go buy 4 each mounts for gas door struts that will fit the upper and lower sections of the bed along with 2 bungee cords. This will secure the bed when traveling. If you don't like the firmness of the bed like the wife try an RV sleep number bed. The only problem is you have to inflate and deflate daily. We have to follow the same process with our TS, so we are already trained for this task. We added solid surface counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom along with the kitchen table. We also trimmed off a few inches from the dinette table to make it easer to reach the over head cabinets. Made a cover for the stove with the same solid surface material for more counter space. Our next project is to change the dinette out with one from Bradd and Hall, we don't need to make a bed in the dinette area. And change out the automatic water drain under the coach next to the door. Bad location.

The main thing is to just enjoy the 2250 and don't be afraid to day camp in our National Parks (NP). That is why a small RV is so great. Camp in a site for 25ft or less, and park in the Pizza Hut parking lot for dinner. And if it gets cold while you are in the NP 2 batteries will ensure the furnace will be able to operate all night.

Happy Trails