Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #1

the nightmare is ending!!!

After six months of having my coach in for warranty work, the slide is fixed! The way this is playing out, FR is the good guy. It seems as if the delays were on the dealer end. Mike J. has been a saint dealing with me. It's still a little bitter, so so excited just to have the RV back.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:40 AM   #2

Great to hear some good news. Not sure where you're located, but hopefully you can get out to use it soon!
Any details as to what caused the delays?
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #3

I think it was; guess what part is bad, order said part, wait for shipping, install part, start over. Then the last two months have been service tech didn't know how to correctly install parts. Once the factory guy called and explained how to install it was fine. I'm on the coast of Washington, so year round user. Just hoping it doesn't get out of "adjustment" again...
Old 11-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #4

Egad. Glad you got it done but they messed up your season but good. Next year!
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #5

Glad you are back on the road again. What model SS do you have?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #6

Smile Poor But Happy!

We have a Sanibel and had the exact same problem. Lost six months of summer camping when our kitchen slide had problems. Very happy yours is fixed now. Have fun camping!
emmyoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
RetiredRVer

Finally! Glad to hear they fixed your slide. It is so frustrating having your RV in for service and you are unable to use it. Mine has been in for 4 small warranty items for 2 months......all I get is promises and excuses. After this is done, I will never go back to my dealer for service or a purchase of any kind. Further, someone stole my spare tire while on the dealers lot! Unbelievable.
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Glad you are back on the road again. What model SS do you have?
the 2250LE
Old 12-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #9

What was the problem w/ the slide ?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #10

It was the slide, which part, who knows. Once the factory tech explained it to the tech at the dealership, wave of a wand, it was fixed. I have no faith that it is going to stay working for long. The stoke of having the coach back has worn off and the reality is set in. I didn't have the coach for six months, half my warranty was used up sitting on the dealers lot,I'm never going to trust the slide to keep working, I got the joy of cleaning out the mold from the fridge from sitting closed so long (did you know old bay seasoning molds), and a toasted battery (bought a new pair 3 months before taking it in).

The factory built the slide out of square, Lippert said the opening is too narrow at the top, dealer points finger at FR, FR points finger at dealer...

Hard to pin point the issue, Mike J. hasn't responded to my emails, dealer can't even test a battery correctly.