Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #41

SMI Airforce One

TB,
The system is SMI Airforce One installed by my Class "A" dealership back in 2010. It requires an air hose to communicate from the air brakes to a device on my Toyoda Tacoma. The equipment is under my hood and I now have two devices there.

The Class "C" requires electronic communication to the brake controller. So, I had to purchase a kit to make it work electronically instead of by air. They also installed a off/on switch box and tension controller by my brake pedal. There is a vacuum cylinder connected to my brake pedal. This is what applies braking to my tow vehicle. All components are out of site. I now have the ability to use either electronic or air to actuate the brakes just by changing a few wires.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SMI.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	31912  

Old 06-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #42

Interesting... I don't think I've seen one of those. How much does the Tacoma weigh? The Brake Buddy was all we ever needed on the Vue, so I hoping it will be all we need on the Equinox as well. I believe our Vue weighed about 3400-3500 pounds, so it was about 4-500 pounds light than the Equinox is.

TB

Old 06-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #43

2009 Toyoda Tocama, Pre-runner with Access Cab, full bed

3635 lbs curb weight

5250 lbs GVWR

I installed a full fiberglass flat cover over the bed, maybe 80 lbs. Also, installed a new drive-shaft with disconnect coupling in front of the differential for towing.

I have see a lot of dollies on the road, so glad I can flat tow!

Tim
Old 06-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #44

Ah, I think I did see you mention that in an earlier post. We wanted to flat-tow something as well, which is one of the main reasons we went with the Equinox. That and the fact that we could carry some gear in a protected area in the cab. We already have an Avalanche so we didn't want another truck per se, and since the wife's previous car (a GMC Acadia) was such a nice fit for us, we basically just down-sized.

TB
Old 07-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #45

A quick update...

We picked up our new 3010DS two weeks ago, and just got home from a week camping in Northern Wisconsin. So far, we LOVE the RV. There are a few little issues and I'll be starting a new thread to discuss those--but overall I must say that I am VERY impressed with both Sunseeker, and with our dealer (King's Campers in Wausau Wisconsin). Even though we've only used it for one week now, I can see that the unit is an excellent fit for us, and that we'll be enjoying it for years to come.

Thanks again for all the input in this thread.

EDIT: I forget to mention that the Bilstein shocks make a tremendous difference in how the RV handles. They are well worth the money indeed. The steering stabilizer isn't available yet for the 2014 Sunseeker (or at least it wasn't available a few weeks ago), so we'll have to wait for that to be finalized for our model year. Then we'll have one installed. I am also in search of an engine monitoring system for the Ford V10, similar to the Silverleaf system for the Diesel engined coaches.

Here is the other thread I've started to discuss our impressions on our new coach.

TB
Old 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #46
GM

Steering stabilizer would be spec'd for the chassis model year, not the coach. You would be on a 2013 Ford Chassis.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #47

Interesting... I would have thought that the dealer would/should have known this? When does/did the chassis model year change to 2014?

Thanks for the input.

TB
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #48
GM

Depends on the number of chassis on handed. The earliest I have seen it is maybe November? Most of the time it is jan or Feb.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #49

So you're saying that because our unit was made in June 2013, the chassis is definitely a 2013, and not yet a 2014? If that's the case, then it'll be easy to get the stabilizer--and I'll just order it today.

Thanks again.

TB
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #50
GM

That is correct. We don't expect to see 2014 chassis until late this year.