Old 07-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #51

Excellent information...much-appreciated!

I will get it ordered this afternoon. Thanks again!

TB

Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbetka View Post
A quick update...

We picked up our new 3010DS two weeks ago, and just got home from a week camping in Northern Wisconsin. So far, we LOVE the RV. There are a few little issues and I'll be starting a new thread to discuss those--but overall I must say that I am VERY impressed with both Sunseeker, and with our dealer (King's Campers in Wausau Wisconsin). Even though we've only used it for one week now, I can see that the unit is an excellent fit for us, and that we'll be enjoying it for years to come.

Thanks again for all the input in this thread.

EDIT: I forget to mention that the Bilstein shocks make a tremendous difference in how the RV handles. They are well worth the money indeed. The steering stabilizer isn't available yet for the 2014 Sunseeker (or at least it wasn't available a few weeks ago), so we'll have to wait for that to be finalized for our model year. Then we'll have one installed. I am also in search of an engine monitoring system for the Ford V10, similar to the Silverleaf system for the Diesel engined coaches.

Here is the other thread I've started to discuss our impressions on our new coach.

TB
Could you share the shock specs. Thinking about doing that to my 3170.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Could you share the shock specs. Thinking about doing that to my 3170.

I don't recall the numbers, but they are listed in a post on page 2 (or maybe page 3) in this thread. That's where I got them--someone posted them here, so I simply gave that to my dealer.

TB
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwmodela View Post
Tim,

We checked with Bilstein and the same shocks fit the 2012 E-450ís that fit the 2011ís. The do not have any information on the 2013 officially released. They checked with tech and they do not have any notes of them not fitting, but have not tested them yet. They did advise they were not aware any changes from 2011-2013 on the front suspension. We also checked with Gabriel and Monroe to see if they were using the same shocks in 2013 on the E-450 but they do not list anything yet.

33-187570 HD setting (Most popular)
33-187563 Comfort setting ( A little softer)

Thank you,

Michigan Truck Spring
3649 Wolf Road
Saginaw, MI 48601

989-755-0561
800-358-4751

Here's a re-post of the information. To my knowledge, these are the ones that got installed on my rig because I simply gave these numbers to my dealer.

TB
Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #55

Eshocks.com has a chart for Bilsteins that lists the shocks for a Ford E-450 based motorhome. I ordered them and had a truck shop put them on our 3170 and they made a big difference. They take some time before they are completely broken in. The front shocks have a different part number from the rear shocks. We ordered the heavy-duty shocks upon the recommendation of several people and we are pleased. Bilsteins are a combination gas and fluid shock with the gas taking the initial hit from a bump then the fluid is forced through the shock valving.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #56

Oops...sorry I forgot to add to my previous post, that we went with the HD shocks. I heard the same thing about break-in time though, but we don't really find these to be too rough at all right now. If they get even better I'll be even happier with them. As I said before, I wouldn't own another Class C coach without Bilstein shocks.

Incidentally...

I've been trying to order a Roadmaster RSS unit for the new coach, but they are all sold out right now. You can find the bracket kit, but not the steering stabilizer unit itself. Looks like a 3-4 week wait, according to the Amazon.com documentation, and the fellow I spoke with at HitchSource.com (where I ordered my Equinox baseplate).

Good thing we aren't planning any long trips any time soon...

TB