Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #1

The stork should soon be making a delivery!

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our brand new 3010DS! It was ordered about 4-5 weeks ago, so it will take another 1-2 weeks--but we're getting very excited to see the unit! Looking forward to doing some serious RVing this Summer, and even using the unit as a "mobile office" for our small technology company.

I'd love to hear from other owners of new RVs, to hear how they did in the first few months. This is our 4th RV, but the first "new" one we ever purchased.

TB

Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #2

Congrats on your new RV. We've had ours about six months now and have made three trips - each a new learning experience. Ours was our first 'new' of 3 RVs and so shouldn't have been as much to learn, but there was - remote control for the rear view mirror, who'd have ever guessed. enjoy.
geri

Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #3

Talking Well Done

We also are proud owners of a 3010 DS. (2013)
First RV ever for us.
Been out 4 times already this year.
Did have a lot to learn, but found out its mostly common sense.
The manuals are all but useless.
This forum though is a great resource.
The people on it are great, very helpful & know their stuff.
Much better than any manual.
I've learned a lot, being a newbie also.
Enjoy your new MH, & be safe.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #4

Yes, I'm sure that there will be much to learn...even though we've had a few other RVs in the past. That's why we'll be sticking pretty close to home for the first couple of months, and using it more locally. In fact my parents live within about 40 miles of the dealer we bought the RV at, so we'll be "camping" in their driveway for several weeks this Summer. They have a mobile repair service, as there are several campgrounds in the area. So hopefully all will go well and any little bugs can be squashed as quickly and painlessly as possible.

TB
Old 05-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbetka View Post
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our brand new 3010DS! It was ordered about 4-5 weeks ago, so it will take another 1-2 weeks--but we're getting very excited to see the unit! Looking forward to doing some serious RVing this Summer, and even using the unit as a "mobile office" for our small technology company.

I'd love to hear from other owners of new RVs, to hear how they did in the first few months. This is our 4th RV, but the first "new" one we ever purchased.

TB
I see your unit in the schedule. We're running 12 weeks right now...so luckily someone snuck you in. You're still probably just over 2 weeks right now...but getting closer.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #6

Sweet...thanks for the update! We were told to expect it about the 15th of June, and that is totally fine with us. We'll need it 5-6 days after that, so that gives the dealer time to go through it to make sure nothing is amiss.

Frankly, we can't wait!

TB

EDIT: Wait a tic...did you mean a little over two weeks to *start* the build? How long does the build take?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #7

We are picking up our 3170DS on Friday!!! Can't wait! It is our 1st brand new RV! Expect to learn how to use the new things like the rear camera, dash TV, Bigfoot jacks, etc. We have several reservations booked. Looking forward to picking it up.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #8

We down-sized from a 40' Diesel pusher Class A, and that had every bell and whistle you can imagine on it. There are fewer of those on this Sunseeker, and I'd be lying if I told you I was going to miss 99% of them. Seriously--I can't wait to get into a more simple unit.

Don't get me wrong, I love technology. I'm a computer programmer by trade now, after retiring from another career. However with high technology comes (sometimes) many problems. You certainly seem to have to spend a lot of time fixing little bugaboos in this, that or the other thing.

So here we go...joining the "down-size me" crowd!

TB
Old 05-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #9

I'd love to see that Stork! It must be a C-130 transport.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #10

We love our 3010 ds 2012, our first trip was to Maine last year. Went to Hilton head this year and now have 4700 miles on the Coach. We've learned a lot. Love the layout and really haven't found anything we would like better. The engine is performing admirably. The first 1200 miles it doesn't run as freely. Don't baby it. The motor is made to run hard and the rings need to get seated properly.

I've had a few issues, learning to use the magnadyne, tires leaking air is about it. Thought I had an air conditioner problem, turned out not to be so.

Important to get the tires inflated properly, the Coach is very sensitive to this. I set my air bags to 65 psi. I bought tire minder pressure monitoring system. Not greatly accurate but works well for,pressure changes.

I'm still learning and I have two more trips scheduled this year, one to upper Michigan and another to Colorado.

Have fun and keep us informed!