Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #1

Title should read 3050S!

Love the configuration, and the drive train is surprisingly strong.

All the mechanicals have worked well with only exceptions being failed awning motor and multiple failed drawer laches (upgrade thoughts?).

The electronics are pretty good. The Magnadyne could be a future upgrade, the propane tan level indicator is junk (don't ask how I know!). The bathroom GFCI r pet ale seems to have a mind of its own so I'll be replacing it.

I modified the sofa by installing hinges to allow access underneath for shoe storage. I'm considering changing to a canvas hinge to the floor and Velcro along top and sides. This would allow easier access, especially with the slide in for travel.

Next year I hope to add a fantastic reversible fan for the bedroom. I also want to swap some light fixtures for LED ones. In the large storage area I will add a removable shelf.

I wish I had another window to open in the bedroom so I'm going to find a way to use a Velcro attached screen and something to prop open the emergency exit window. Anyone tried something like this?

I'll be winterizing the motor home soon, first time evolution. Had a good season, hope to make many more trips next year.

Wes
the configuration, and the drive train is surprisingly strong.

All the mechanicals have worked well with only exceptions being failed awning motor and multiple failed drawer laches (upgrade thoughts?).

The electronics are pretty good. The Magnadyne could be a future upgrade, the propane tan level indicator is junk (don't ask how I know!). The bathroom GFCI r pet ale seems to have a mind of its own so I'll be replacing it.

I modified the sofa by installing hinges to allow access underneath for shoe storage. I'm considering changing to a canvas hinge to the floor and Velcro along top and sides. This would allow easier access, especially with the slide in for travel.

Next year I hope to add a fantastic reversible fan for the bedroom. I also want to swap some light fixtures for LED ones. In the large storage area I will add a removable shelf.

I wish I had another window to open in the bedroom so I'm going to find a way to use a Velcro attached screen and something to prop open the emergency exit window. Anyone tried something like this?

I'll be winterizing the motor home soon, first time evolution. Had a good season, hope to make many more trips next year.

Wes
Old 09-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
2012 Solera

I found the drawer latches insufficiently secure for travel. Made this mod - have not had a drawer come open or a latch fail since: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...vel-28053.html

Good Luck -

Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
2014 Sunseeker 2650S

"I also want to swap some light fixtures for LED ones."

We've had our 2650S about 5 weeks. We simply replaced the C921 bulbs with LED replacement. May I suggest:
LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS
or Camping World.

We've been experimenting with different Lumens. For example, the two single fixtures over the Queen bed headrest we replaced with 45 lumen LEDs (the stock 200 lumen incandescent were too bright). In the Kitchen and Dinning area, we replaced with SuperBrightLeds WHP18-TAC that were brighter than the OEM C921s (but we had to trim the base a little to fit). The Bathroom and Bedroom we replaced with Camping World 56015 LEDs, they weren't as bright as the WHP18s, but were good enough. Three week ago we paid $13/each, now they're about $25/each. We'll wait for "off-season" to order more.
Joseph Carozzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
I found the drawer latches insufficiently secure for travel. Made this mod - have not had a drawer come open or a latch fail since: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...vel-28053.html

Good Luck -

Jim
I should be able to find internal latches that work as designed. Your mod is very functional, I'll give you that much.