Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #1

Tilted coach body

I have noticed that my '07 Sunseeker 2860 coach body "tilts" to the left when viewed from behind. The driver side is definitely a couple of inches lower than the passenger side.

Anyone else have this ? Is it correctable, is it WORTH correcting?
Harve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #2

Slide under the rig on a creeper and check to see if there is a spacer puck on your spring pack in the rear on that side. Many of us had that problem with our class A Georgetowns and FR paid to have them removed. Sometimes a manufacturer will add shims to the heavy side to compensate for the weight of propane tanks, water tanks, slide rooms, etc. What we found out with our rig was that things had changed from the time our rig was designed several years ago to now and the shim was no longer necessary and so it was removed at FRs expense.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #3

Thanks for the input (re tilted coach body/shim puck)- I'll take a look - but from the tilt of the coach, I'm guessing it is NOT there and probably should be. Any suggestion as to who/how to contact at FR after I take a "look see" ?

Thanks!
Harvey
Old 07-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harve View Post
Thanks for the input (re tilted coach body/shim puck)- I'll take a look - but from the tilt of the coach, I'm guessing it is NOT there and probably should be. Any suggestion as to who/how to contact at FR after I take a "look see" ?

Thanks!
Harvey
John Armstrong. I don't have his number handy but do a search for his name here on the forum and you should find it.

It is also a possibility that the springs on the low side have just worn out and may need to be replaced. You might also consider some Firestone Ride-Rite air springs to put things back to level and help to stop side to side swaying. The kits are easy to install in most cases and not all that expensive.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #5

thanks NWJeeper

I would hope that the springs are not worn out - it is a '97 that has had 3 1/2 cross country trips with about a total of 35K miles on it's E450 chassis. Except during each trip, it sits for about 5 months.

Harvey

Tags
sunseeker le