Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2016, 08:40 AM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 25
I installed or setup a EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 10 Flow-Through Sensors on my 2015 3170. I flat tow a jeep and have sensors installed there. The front tires of the e450 setup easily and work very well. The Sunseeker rear tires are a real problem. The sensors on the inner tires won't work. In fact I installed the sensors and both tires were loosing air. The other tires one side works and the other does not. Are there special tire valves needed? I am also concerned because the e450 low tire pressure warning did not come on. One of my rear tires went down to about 30 psi. Anyone have this experience?
__________________

__________________
bdifonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdifonzo View Post
...I am also concerned because the e450 low tire pressure warning did not come on. One of my rear tires went down to about 30 psi. Anyone have this experience?
Your E-450 doesn't have the Ford OEM TPMS system. It isn't ordered by FR when they order the chassis. If you have valve stem questions / issues with your add on TPMS give the folks at Your Tire Shop Supply a call. They are very knowledgeable and will have a good metal extension kit to fit.
__________________

__________________
Wayne and Christine
2018 Sunseeker FT TS2390
Chassis: Ford Transit 350HD, 3.7L Gas, Six speed automatic

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 54
I just added the EEZTire monitoring system to my 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS yesterday. The holes in the wheel covers were too small to screw on the tire sensors even with the anti-theft part of the sensors removed so I had my local tire shop enlarge one hole on each wheel cover (cost $18 total). Now I can get the sensors on relatively easily for all 6 tires. I also have the dually valves on the 4 rear tires which also helps.

I noticed the tire pressures were each down 1 PSI this morning on the monitoring screen from when I installed the sensors yesterday afternoon, but the temperature was also about 10 degrees colder this morning than when I installed them so that would account for the 1 PSI difference.
__________________
lucky55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #34
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky55616 View Post
I just added the EEZTire monitoring system to my 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS yesterday. The holes in the wheel covers were too small to screw on the tire sensors even with the anti-theft part of the sensors removed so I had my local tire shop enlarge one hole on each wheel cover (cost $18 total). Now I can get the sensors on relatively easily for all 6 tires. I also have the dually valves on the 4 rear tires which also helps.

I noticed the tire pressures were each down 1 PSI this morning on the monitoring screen from when I installed the sensors yesterday afternoon, but the temperature was also about 10 degrees colder this morning than when I installed them so that would account for the 1 PSI difference.

Yup. You can expect 2% change in pressure with each 10F change.
So it seems all is good.
__________________
.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 76
Can you post pictures of where you cut your hubcaps and what it looks like now
__________________
kitejunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:19 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
hammer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: central valley, california
Posts: 455
tst alarm

was driving through Arizona a couple of weeks ago and my tst alarm was going off on high pressure, I had my tires at 90 psi, and on the tst I did not change the high settings on the unit, it was alarming at 110 psi, wondering what is the max sidewall pressure for good year tires, and should I change the high alarm pressure on the unit
__________________
Mark & Annie
2014 COACHMEN PURSUIT 27 KB
Modesto, Central California
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #37
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
was driving through Arizona a couple of weeks ago and my tst alarm was going off on high pressure, I had my tires at 90 psi, and on the tst I did not change the high settings on the unit, it was alarming at 110 psi, wondering what is the max sidewall pressure for good year tires, and should I change the high alarm pressure on the unit

You didn't provide information your tires such as Size and Load Range. Without this basic info I can only guess. I would guess you have the High Pressure alarm set too low.

You also didn't provide temperature info on either approximate Ambient or the TPM temperature readings.

When you set your pressure what was the ambient at that time? Do you use digital hand gauge or a stick gauge. I have tested a number of stick gauges and found them off by 5 to 15 psi.

More information is definitely needed unless you are comfortable with guesses.
__________________
.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
hammer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: central valley, california
Posts: 455
well my tires are good year, 245/70R19.5 I did use a stick gauge and used my gauge on my compressor and tried to use both to get close, my TST507 the tires ranged from 87 to 92 approx, and I aired them up before 7am in the morning, ambient temp was about 67 degrees at the time, I did set the tire 10 psi below and 20 psi above the 90 psi, of coarse any info would be appreciated, sorry about the lack of info in my first post,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
You didn't provide information your tires such as Size and Load Range. Without this basic info I can only guess. I would guess you have the High Pressure alarm set too low.

You also didn't provide temperature info on either approximate Ambient or the TPM temperature readings.

When you set your pressure what was the ambient at that time? Do you use digital hand gauge or a stick gauge. I have tested a number of stick gauges and found them off by 5 to 15 psi.

More information is definitely needed unless you are comfortable with guesses.
__________________
Mark & Annie
2014 COACHMEN PURSUIT 27 KB
Modesto, Central California
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:18 AM   #39
Chief tinkerer
 
Gidyupgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 520
TST 507 mounted internal on metal bands on the drop center of 6 motorhome wheels + dolly wheels. 2 screw on cap sensors go on whatever is on the dolly for that trip. Repeater in a cabinet behind the rear bedroom television. 4500 miles driven in 8 weeks with no issues. No concerns with stems, extensions, brackets, etc. Batteries will need replaced about the same time the tires do and TST has an exchange program for that. System works as discovered recently when I dropped the presssure on the dolly to tow it empty and went back inside and the monitor was beeping and flashing the "low" pressure.
Discount tire charged $16 a wheel to install them and balance.
__________________
Gary

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #40
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
well my tires are good year, 245/70R19.5 I did use a stick gauge and used my gauge on my compressor and tried to use both to get close, my TST507 the tires ranged from 87 to 92 approx, and I aired them up before 7am in the morning, ambient temp was about 67 degrees at the time, I did set the tire 10 psi below and 20 psi above the 90 psi, of coarse any info would be appreciated, sorry about the lack of info in my first post,,,,
Thanks for the additional info. Lets set aside the pressure measurement question and assume the tires were set to 90.

You said you set the tires low at 80 or high at 110. I do not understand why. With a motorhome you should always have the tires set to no less than the minimum pressure needed to support the heavier end of each axle based on actual measurements. I have covered this a number of times in my blog. I also recommend that cold inflation pressure be set to that minimum inflation +10% and rounded up to the next 5 or 10 psi increment to make measurement and remembering pressure easier.

We know that if we follow the math of 'Gas Law" that tire pressure will change about 2% for each change of 10F. So if your tires were running at Ambient + the normal 20 to 60F range in temperatures, we could expect a 4% to 12% increase ion pressure. I have seen some reports of a pressure increase of as much as 15% but that is the exception in my experience and may be a function of improper load measurement or higher operating speed.

A review of the TST manual shows the high pressure warning to be at 175 psi from factory so have no idea why your unit is giving a high pressure warning at 110psi as you said in post #36.

RE tire capability. Your LR-G tires should handle 175psi with no problem as long as they have not been damages, run with low inflation or improperly repaired.

Suggestions:
1. Set the high pressure warning to 175 psi
2. Confirm your measured loads and that 90psi is at least 10% greater than the minimum shown for the measured load per the information in the Load tables.
__________________

__________________
.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pressure, tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.